Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LONGER REAR SPRINGS(STEPEN)

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by tonto, Aug 4, 2002.

1. tonto

tonto Registered Member

<font color="green"> </font color> HAD SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT RUNNING 63" LONG REAR SPRINGS ON A K5. HAVE A SET OFF OF MY OLD TRUCK(89). DID SOME MEASURING AND THEY ARE THE RIGHT LENGTH. THIS IS THE SAME AS WHAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY RUNNING. NOTICED THE FRAME EXTENSIONS YOU MADE FOR YOURS. DO YOU OFFER THESE OR COULD THEY BE MADE? YOU ALSO SAID HAD SOME INTERFERENCE PROBLEMS BETWEEN THE 14-BOLT AND THE GAS TANK,FOUND A SOLUTION OR STILL PROBLEM? ONLY REASON I AM THINKING ABOUT THIS IS THAT I HAVE THEM LYING AROUND AND WOULD LIKE TO USE THEM IF THEY GIVE ME MORE FLEX VERSUS THE STOCK LENGTH. THEY ARE SKYJACKER 5.5" LIFT. WAS WANTING TO USE THEM IN CONJUCTION WITH THE 2.5" LIFT SHACKLE FLIP. WHAT ARE YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS(WORTH THE EFFORT OR NOT)? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You can use them, you'll have to move the front mount forward and the rear mount back. I built my 63's with an offset center pin so that I could use the factory front mount, move the axle back 3" and then mount the shackle way back there. I have not had any problems with gas tank clearance.

I think that if you're willing to put in the work mounting them and figuring out where they go, you'll be happy with the results, they should be nice flexy springs.