Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Longer spring swap?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88GLAZER, May 26, 2004.

1. 88GLAZER

88GLAZER 1/2 ton status

I know I have to move the front hanger foward, and get drop shackles for the rear to go with the shackle flip. My ? is if I get longer shackles in the rear, Will it add lift? I want to keep it 4-5" when i did the flip, the rear sits like 2 higher than the front, and looks dumb. What do you guys recomend I do. I was talking up my blazer and the flex I will be getting out of this conversion to My buddies friend who has a pretty capable 4 runner, I dont want to stick my foot in my mouth. I looked at the BONZ shackles and they are bad azz!

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

What are you talking about exactly here? I am assuming you are talking about the rear of your rig, but what springs are you trying to put in? 56's? 57's? 63's? We could probably help you a little better if we had some more direct info.

3. 88GLAZER

88GLAZER 1/2 ton status

Sorry! I was thinking 57" off a 2wd ford, and moving my rears up front. What do you think is the best combo?

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

52" up front, 57"'s in the rear. That's what I will be doing eventually /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif