Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Longfield U-Joints?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kmodi, Dec 21, 2005.

1. kmodi

kmodi Registered Member

Anybody have any experience with Longfield U-Joints? They seem to be made out of the same material as CTM's and 100 bucks less. Thoughts?

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Here's a few page thread on Pirate about them:

Pirate Link

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The long's are certainly an alternative. I am going to go with Yukons Super Joint in my 60 (as soon as they come one... supposed to 1-2 more months). IMO the Super Joint (Jantz designed) has a superior lubing system and a better lower-friction coating on the cross. This is a good thing and will probably extend service life.

The Long on the other hand uses a superior material (300m vs 4340), and is probably manufactured to tighter tolerances etc. Because it isn't cross drilled for lube channels like the Yukon is, the Longs "legs" are prolly a stronger design in addition to being a better material... though both of them are about 1-1/16" in diameter, which is serious beef. Only time well tell I guess, both of these joints are very new to the market. Only reason I am going with the Yukons is so I have the warranty with my Yukon 4340 shafts. Longs certainly wouldn't be a bad choice either though.

j

4. M-1028

M-1028 1/2 ton status

A friend of mine has them in his 60 and all i can say is wow, AWSOME quality, I am going to get a set after my klune is in and I get new driveshafts

5. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

LOL.. you just saved me from having to post the same question. I was going to see if anyone here is running them, and PM Jekbrown to see what he knew about the Yukons. :thumb:

I think I'm going to pick up a set of longs before the sale is over. I was sort of waiting to see what Yukon would offer.. but I'm just gonna get the longs instead.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I do what I can. :grin: I have a couple of vendors bugging Randy's about the 60 version of the Super Joint... best guess right now is February. I can definitely wait until then, I doubt my rig is going to move until spring anyway.

j