Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looing for stock tbi proms...

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by azblazer, Feb 24, 2006.

1. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

454 TBI Auto/Manual Trans...
    Just looking for the stock proms to do some experimenting with...

DW

2. chevyk2500hd

chevyk2500hd 1/2 ton status

I have a 350 prom that has a jet chip file on that I could probably part with. Will this work?

3. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

I've got a computer from a '90 454. actually, I'll make sure I still have it, tomorrow. if you pay for shipping it's yours.

4. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

No...gotta have a 454 chip...parameters are diiferent. I need 2 actually....1 auto trans and 1 for a manual trans...

hack500...pm me and i'll shoot you my mailing addy...and i need yours to send you some coin unless you have paypal...
    i work in the oilfields here in colorado so i'm going home in the morning for casing break so i'll be in email range saturday night...

DW

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not sure if this will help you, but I did some research...

Go here: http://www.efitune.com/broadcast_codes/ and plug in AZFT and ANTZ. Both are 1987 454 TBI .bins, (l19 engine RPO) TH400 and 465 respectively. Click the link under "get bin" for each.

Download tunerpro RT http://www.supportfitness.com/mark/tunerpro/ and load the right ECM (1227747 for the 454 /bins listed above) then open those .bins.

Now you can view the differences between the two, plus if you bought the burning stuff for around $150, you could burn those to a PROM and you'd be set with stock .bins, plus any mods you wanted.

Maybe more "work" than you want to do, but there is something cool about being able to actually see what the PROM is setup like. Besides burning, everything I've listed is free. :)

If I'm not mistaken, at some point the 454 ECM changed to something other than a 1227747, but I have no idea what. I suspect 1988 was a change, on that first link I didn't see any 1227747 with an L19 engine option. Again in 1991 it would have changed due to the 4L80E option.

6. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

My 88 454 with TH400 stock chip is an AFTH with a 7747 computer.

Russ

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

That website shows AFTH as a 1987 bin, but I'm not saying the data is 100% accurate either. :)

Typing in "L19" and selecting engine as the search will bring up post '87 stuff, (a whole lot of looking to be had) but from what I see, none of the code links indicating what vehicle it actually was (C/K/R/V/P/G) work. :( I suspect it follows the same R/V for our style trucks, but again, I can't vouch for the site other than it's a tool.

8. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

sorry for the delay. been busy helping out a buddy of mine this weekend painting his house. seems like whenever I plan on doing something(looking for that computer) I get delayed helping a friend with something. I'll pm you on monday.