Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

look at my new 69-72 Blazer Half top

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mrchev, Apr 2, 2003.

1. mrchev

mrchev Registered Member

Look at my new Blazer Half Top.

Check it out on my site: myrodshop.com/blazer.html

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Nice looking Blazer.
    So which year is it and what is under the hood?

3. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

Isn't this the same guys that posted this info a few months ago, had an ebay ad up, and then withdrew?

If I remember right they were gonna sell for close to $1000 which was a little too much in my opinion.

I would like to have a half-top, but was going to turn my 4 pt rollbar into a 6pt which you could not do with a half top... (unless I essentially build one for in the cab only, and not connect the two rollbars together.)

Hmmmmm

Sam Hinton

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Isn't this the same guys that posted this info a few months ago, had an ebay ad up, and then withdrew?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.... but this time, it's done correctly (not a blatant ad). I think there is enough interest to keep it here as long as it doesn't degenerate into a "For Sale" ad..... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. mrchev

mrchev Registered Member

Hey Shinton, and Greg72,

Yes, I tried to help a guy that made a top, but it was disastrous in all areas. He did put the product on ebay but removed it as I saw just like you all did. I made one myself that is miles apart from his attempt. I have not spoke to such character sense, but each to his own. I've talked to Steve the admin of this site and he's going let me advertise the top on this site. When the banner gets up, then I can see if others want one.

Bruce

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Mr. Chev,

PERFECT! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Talking to Steve was a good idea....buying some banner space is even beter!! It's great to see that you are willing to give something back to this site in exchange for the "visibility" that you will receive here.

It's certainly a good indication of your "character".... good luck with your endeavor. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Your top does look awesome! I am excited that someone is finally going to make a viable 1/2-top for the First Gen Blazer

I would be interested in your product - but for $1000, it's going to be a little hard to swallow. For some of us on this board $1000 is 25-50% of the value of our rigs!

I would suggest you try and lower your price to increase sales and make up your profit margin that way.

Just my $.02!

8. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

nice looking

9. mrchev

mrchev Registered Member

Hi Igor,

Yes I understand your reasoning about the top and the price you mentioned. No, it won't be that expensive. And your right, I need to make them where they can be obtained by all who want one.

When I get all the pieces put together, I'll establish a product that will be very nice and very reasonable.

Oh, I did buy advertising with Steve on this site. He's a super nice guy. And, I appreciate all his help too.

Best Regards, Bruce