Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

look at this picture for me...question..

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by bryguy00b, Dec 1, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Man they sure have that ad labeled wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Yes the coax is connected to the center stud on that type of mount. Actually, the center conductor of the coax goes to the center stud and the shield goes to one of the 3 mounting screws. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

sheild? you mean like in that pic of polaris's mount u showed me? like a ground?

4. rebelk5frk

yep. Coax has a center wire (sometimes solid sometimes twisted wires) then a shield (braided wire)

The Center goes to the antenna itself and the shield goes to the ground (or in this case the vehicle body)

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

great! thats just what i needed to know. thanx man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. rebelk5frk

Just get used to watching out for trees, bridges, drive-thru's, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i know lol..i can imagine..even my little 48" whip hits the drive throughs, gets everyones attention as it clanks as i pull through lol of course it normally falls of after i get out which is kinda anoying (magnet mount)...now when i pull out it will probobly whipflash all the way to the hood and back lol /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

haha, imagine the looks i got when i drove through the mcdonalds drivethru backwards - with my 102" whip up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i havent had any problems with my whip hitting things - its a spring mount, so who cares if it hits something? i dont get how people can bend these whips... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif