Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Look at this site, might save your life.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyracing, Mar 12, 2002.

1. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

This is the site that will tell you about any and all recalls on your vehicle, lawnmowers, you name it. Might save your life or might get you some free stuff from the dealer.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/index.cfm>http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/index.cfm</a>

John

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very cool thank you for posting it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah I have looked at that before. There is some deal that Parrents may be interested in. For my wifes 79 there is a rear seat 3 point belt upgrade avaialbe as well as a tie off point upgrade for baby seats. Some of the parrents may want to read that. I have been trying to make time to hit the dealer and see what this is all about and make a report back here.

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I called my dealer to inquire about getting the "front seat belts" for the back seat of MudNurI... and the dealer told me NO WAY flat out- that the vehicle was not produced wtih them, and that they didn't recommend modifying original equipment. I REALLY hate the low booster seats, that my kids need for the blazer- thanks for posting the fact that there is info on this at that site, I'll print it out and walk into the dealer with it and let you know what I find out. I would think, being able to use a much safer car seat- would be better than the crappy old kind. In Vermont, kid MUST be in a car seat until they are 54 inches tall AND 80 pounds, so my girls will be in them until they are probably 12 LOL

thanks!
    Brandy

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

sure enough, the bolt that broke in my seat was a recall. hehe kinda funny that is was recalled 9 years ago and it just broke like 2 months ago.

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Thanks for posting that, I never knew my truck had recalls. Something to watch out for /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

The way I understand it the dealer has to honor a safety recall for the life of the vehicle.

You are welcome too by the way.

John