Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Look at what happened to my truck!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 77ChevyK10, Sep 14, 2003.

1. 77ChevyK10

77ChevyK10 1/2 ton status

Rollbars are overated, when you fall off a curb at 30. here are pix's

Andrew

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Damn, that was cherry too. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Sorry what happened, what you doing with it now? Full cage?

3. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

i think you just needed a way to convince the missus to ditch the body /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Sorry to see that. . . what happened? You ok? Plans?

4. 77ChevyK10

full cage and tube the front. i am only 17 do not need to ask anyone what to do. i am fine climed right out. i had a little cut on my knee and elbow.

5. BowtieRed

how the hell do you afford all that!??! i'm 16 and i can't put nearly that much in mine. . .

by the way- nice rig /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 77ChevyK10

i hit a dip slid sideways at 30. my front tire fell off the 1.5 foot curb and i saw dirt in the passinger door. then i turned the truck off and unbuckeled my seat belt and climed out.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    how the hell do you afford all that!??! i'm 16 and i can't put nearly that much in mine. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry. In a few years, it will come. I've had my truck since I was 16 and now that I'm 19, it's coming along a lot better. I've finally got all my stuff straight after all these years.

8. 77ChevyK10

my dad has a machine shop and i build everything i can.(the bed, bumpers, rockers, etc...)and i have a job. i havent even had it a year yet.

9. BowtieRed

some might say "how can you put that much in your truck" to me- but it was bought for much less that most of any of my friends cars- and when i saw 77s i just looked quickly and thought it was another rig i'd seen- don't take that wrong 77- it is a very badass rig! dd?

10. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Glad you weren't hurt, sucks about the truck tho. Everything happens for a reason, use it and learn.

11. BowtieRed

one more thing- where do you buy large steel diamond plating like on your bed? how much would one of those run me? i'm thinking about that for my floor.

12. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I've finally got all my stuff straight after all these years.

[/ QUOTE ]
    "All these years"?! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Anyway, I just saw the pics. I didn't realize you had rolled it till now! Now I understand the questions. Have you seen my build up pics on my web page? If not, check my profile. I'm way beyond anything shown in the pics, but it might give you some ideas, particularly with respect to mounting the cage/body and frame...

Glad your ok.

13. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    [ QUOTE ]

by the way- nice rig /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 18, and I would say I have a fair bit into my rig. Take a gander at my sig. It just comes over time.

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    "All these years"?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Some people do as many mods as my truck has in a weekend. It has taken me four years to get it where I want it and I'm still not done. My truck really isn't all that special when you look at what some guys here do in a weekened, however, it's finally coming along.

15. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif glad your ok /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Hey anyone see the 25mph speed limit sign... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    glade to see your ok sorry bout the truck
    my buddys dad had something like that happen to him. he had Bronco with 9in lift with 38s and was driving on a fresh paved road that had a lip on the side of the road and the tires grabed it and the truck rolled 6 times and took you 2 pine tree's and landed back on the tires still running....

17. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Build it right, build it once.

I'm 19 and I have gone by that idea the best I can. My parents bought a bone stock (two-toned, 10bolt, all original) GMC Jimmy, March of 2000; and I drive what you see below on my sig. If you have a job and can mangage your money right, you can do it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

18. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I reccomend keeping out of trouble too. My k5 project was on its way but I lost my license and got dropped by my insurance company so I am on high risk now. So yeah money is gonna be tight.

19. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

damn that sucks. how did you manage that? not see it or something? and yea im 17..but ive only had my truck 5 goin 6 months..and im about to put a 4" on it..then next will come the 3/4 ton..if you can manage ur money and know wear to buy things its quite possible. just takes a little longer. the important thing though..with tearing apart and putting back together a couple blazerz and wrenching on my truck i learned a ton about these trucks!! and i still have tons more to learn..it never stops.

20. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I'm 20 and I'm currently building 3 trucks and havent started on the K5 yet. Do as much as you can before you leave home and have to pay rent, utilities, tuition, etc. My projects have slowed down a little because of it. Not that I spent a whole lot of money (compared to other people) anyway.