Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Look at what we are building!!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RingMaster4x4, Oct 21, 2002.

1. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just wanted to show you guys what is being done to my K/5. What do you guys think?

Makin 40's look small!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

WOW /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Robin

Robin 1/2 ton status

Look's unstoppable!

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

is that what you wanted those 12 inch springs for? that is seriously cool. what is the heighth limit on headlights in texas.i think its 48" at the top here in LA. Are those ground hogs on it? One last question. How long did it take you to make that tube frame? Very nicely done by the way.

nathan

5. RingMaster4x4

Yes that is what I wanted the 12" springs for. The hieght limit is 52" here in Texas but I think it will be ok. Those are 40" gumbo mudders. It only took about a month. Thanks for all the good feed back.

6. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

Man, thats crazy. Thats so big. HUGE!!! What size tires you gonna run? 44's? 47's? 52's? Maybe monster truck tires /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Excellent job /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Evan

7. RingMaster4x4

Not sure on the tire size yet. More than likely no bigger that a 44. This is my daily driver. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

You read my mind!
    Can I hug you? "cause you ROCK!!!
    I'm planning a monster project of my own. Your pictures make me want to sell all the other projects and DO IT!
    That frame, rules. The tires and motor rock. Right F'n on dude!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. RingMaster4x4

I was worried about how it was going to turn out but once we put the body on that all changed. I am even happier now that you guys like it too I though it might have just been me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i went back and took a closer look. whats up with the fuzzy dice and chrome chain link steering wheel?

nathan

11. DeafyHTowner

DeafyHTowner Registered Member

dude, that is the big a$$ truck!! it's awesome!! someday, i'm gonna put 12 inches with 52" tires on my future 1972 chevy blazer K5....hehe /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Todd,

That is some IMPRESSIVE tube work!

I didn't really have any concept of how hard it was to build with tubing until I started doing some myself recently. Now I can really appreciate how much work it must be to cut and fit all those tubes perfectly, and get everything plumb and squared-up.

Really impressive. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

13. RingMaster4x4

I think looks cool... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif...j/k. It's just I think it is funny some of the looks people give me when I am driving around town.

14. DeafyHTowner

how long have you been working on your project??

15. RingMaster4x4

Well, I have had my K/5 for 3 years now ( went and bought it on my 15 birthday) and when I got it it was all stock. So I have changed it about once a year.

16. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

at least you know they are always looking up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif He He

nathan

17. RingMaster4x4

Thanks for the kind words Greg. I wish I could say that I built the frame /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but I can't. My best friends dad has been building drag cars for his whole life and when I started having frame problems he said could build a frame for it. So here we are. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. RingMaster4x4

ROFLMAO!!! yeah I never thought about it like that. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Wow, that is major

But that steering wheel has gotta go............... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

20. DeafyHTowner

i kinda agree with blazzin...hehe /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif well, why not get a racing steering wheel?? sighs...i love ur truck! i mean it's freakin HUGE! hehe... oh, i'm going to call my dad's best friend who owns the Gravedigger, (another driver, not Anderson) to see if he can help me out with the blazer...tee hee!! maybe turn into a monster truck!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif