Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Look Mommy....a Monster truck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 6.2L Jimmy, Oct 14, 2002.

1. 6.2L Jimmy

6.2L Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Well it fianally happened...I was going through a drive-thru at Harveys and there was three people walking near the drive through when I pulled in .The people consisted of a Mother with her two little boys..the oldest had to be 4 years old max. Anyways the little guy just stood with jaw dropped as I rolled by them and I heard him say to his Mom ..look look mommy ,a monster truck ,the kid was freaking outpointing and hopping up and down. Imagine I only have 33's with 4 inches of lift. Left a good feeling in me to have made a little guy like that's day.
    Mike

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Hehe, i know what you mean... I pulled into a Gas station and this dad filling up was with his son about 4-6 yrs old and he goes "daddy daddy, a monster truck" hehe... 6"lift and 35"s

3. sleeper_dave

sleeper_dave Registered Member

i have a 6" lift and 35's also, and i deliver pizza in my truck. Every little kid i take a pizza to says "nice truck, mister".

4. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

Try taking your kids to school in it. Mine has 35's and a 6" lift ever once in a while I take the kids to school in it all the other kids freak out esp. when its covered in mud. Pretty cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I had a dealer ask me one time "Is this for that monster truck outside?" And of course I'm thinking, "cool, Grave Digger is here?" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif So now whenever I go in there (they give me wholesale most of the time) I say "Yeah, I'm here to pick up some Monster Truck parts." /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Also kid-related, my 4-year-old nephew asked me why I got a new truck. I just had the top off that day.

6. RockaFella

RockaFella Registered Member

I bet that did feel good To Make a Little boys Day.. I always Get compliments on my 84 K5 ALl it has is 33's with cut out fenders and Lights on it /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. dogman

dogman 1/2 ton status

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

My truck looks like it's been run through the shreader. Isn't a straight peice of sheet metal left. Kid dig it! I love the look of a buch of kid in a Mini van or a Tahoe when I pass them and have to look down to see them LOL
    My 4th grader loves to get drove to school in the truck. Usualy have to haul a neighbor kid or two with us and follow the bus to get a drive by. So it's a Special deal like a good grade on a test and the reward is the ride to school. I a couple more years she will probably turn her nose up at the pig and refuse to be seen in it LOL.

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My 8 year old daughter begs me to take her to school in my Jimmy...so every once in a while I do.

All the kids around here call it a monster truck though.../forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Rene

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

LOL...yea mine isnt even moving yet and my little sister already calles it ugly..lol o well ya cant please everyone i guess.

11. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

I always hear kids saying, "look at that cool monster truc." I have had a few kids ask if they can look inside.

12. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

punk. lol. i want a monster truck. lol. later.

jacob

13. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

"Kids dig Monster Trucks"

[​IMG]

14. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

yea they do [​IMG]

15. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I get the monster truck thing all the time when I roll into my school parking lot. Especially now with the 10" lift and 39.5's /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

when i used to have my old dodge (pics in webshots below), i actually had a guy come into work, ask who the truck belonged to, and then ask me do him a favor, with a $40 price tag. turns out his kids 8th birthday was coming up that weekend and he loves "monster trucks". anyways the plan was for me to pic up his some at his house and show-fer (dont know how to spell it correctly) his kid to the party. i was all for it, sounded cool to me and i always like to see the kids smile, ya know. so i picked him up and took him and his dad to the party. it was so neat, tons of people were there, friends and relatives im guessing, filming us pulling up and him getting out, etc...anyways, i thought it was neat and just wanted to share a story...

17. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I had just finished putting the 6" and 35's under my old '79. I stopped over @ my brother's house w/my oldest daughter who was 3 at the time. We were talking & Holly was running around the truck. She decided that it was easier to run underneath the truck rather than around. She had to duck just a little. Every time I show up at our babysitter's w/ the Suburban, her 8 yr old daughter is out climbing in it, and wants to go for a ride. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif It is great seeing kids enjoyment from vehicles.

18. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I have had a few kids ask if they can look inside

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, why do they always want to look inside? Why don't they want to look underneath or under the hood?

19. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'm stuck driving around the Crew Cab while everything else is currently non-driving. Seems like alot of little kids just stare at in when I drive by (not only little kids, but high schoolers, people at my college, and adults). I think the sound of the gear drive or the Boggers on pavement attract their attention.

I was at a guys house the other day, and must have been half the kids in the neighborhood were all over it, pretending to drive it, climbing in the bed, etc... A couple of the boys even wanted to take a look under the hood, so I showed them. I gave them a short ride down the block after they asked me to.

I told them I'd have to bring it by next year to show them when it will have a 12" Suspension lift and 44" tires. Unfortunately, I think that will also very much attract the attention of the cops as well.

20. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

Driving down the interstate from Green Bay a few weeks ago, twice I had cars pull up next to me and the little kids in the back pulled their arms up and down, like what you do if you want a semi truck to honk their air horns /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I didn't think my truck looked that big. Now I just need an air horn.