Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Look out I bought a Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LAZYMON, Aug 27, 2000.

1. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well here I am. I just bought a 73 Blazer so you'll probably see me here asking questions. I've owned GM's since 1976 but this is my first truck. I paid $2800 and the body is in perfect shape with a fairly fresh white paint job. I've tried to find rust on it but I can't. It's got a GM Goodwrench 350, I wanted to do a tune up on it but it runs perfect. It's a Cheyene with PB,PS,AC that works. I'm so stoked! I've had it one day and the top came off today. Let the sun shine in baby! I do have one problem with it, the steering is really loose(as in excessive play) and the steering wheel is way off center, I feel like I'm drunk driving. I should have a picture in a day or two. YEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Check out Big Burb's post about steering. Should help.
    By the way congrats dude!

Rene

[​IMG]

3. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Welcome fellow '73 owner. Just took mine out camping last night w/out the top. Was a beautiful thing.

4. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the wonderful world of the 73/75 roadster. With open tops, a V8, and 1/2 ton axels from the factory,what more could you ask for? These trucks are rare, and getting more so every day! Take care of her and you stand a good chance of the rig going UP in value. Kelly blue book list my 75 at $3700. That`s $200 more than it sold for when she was new!

5. LAZYMON

Update with picture-I hope

Here it is
    That didn't work, I'll try again.

6. LAZYMON