Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Look what he wants to trade me...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Avery4jc, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Like the title says I put my truck up on Craigslist to get a good chunk of funds to buy Seattle73K5's truck and I have one kid offering me $4,000 and another guy offering me a straight trade for his '95 pickup. Check it out, on paper it's worth more than mine but I don't think I'll do it....

-Avery

IMG_0294.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

2. Avery4jc

couple more, it has a 5.7 and the usual 1/2 ton stuff but is still a nice truck. Flowmaster exhaust and a K&N setup. Not much but besides the rear driver's side roll pan area it's clean.

-Avery

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Take the money and get what you want...

4. Avery4jc

well that ship has sailed my friend. I was just informed that Seattle73K5 just sold his blazer that I was trying to get. I also had that deal going on Virgil's K5 so I will contact him and see if he is up for making some $$$. ;)

$4,000 for my truck sounds like a lot, enough to where even though I love it to death it would be stupid to pass up (especially since I paid $3500 for it). Then I could get Virgil's K5 and have $$$ in my pocket for some upgrades.

-Avery

5. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

If you do it, get cash. For the money I've put into my burb, I've seen some rigs sell on ck5 for what I've spent, and they were ALOT meaner/ better built than mine... If I ever do it over again, I'm gonna find an already built rig, save alot of money and end up with someing pretty sweet that way.. :wink1:

6. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Exactly. That '95 looks clean, but it's also got 160k on it. Not that it wouldn't go for a long time yet, but you never know.

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'd look at that '95 some more and do some hard thinking of swapping trucks over. I can find and think of more uses for the '95 than the older truck. Practical is the key word here. Get this and use it for DD use. Find another cheap K-truck and build that one up to your own specs.

8. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I agree about a newer truck being a "better Driver" and this looks like a nice truck . But i would pass on this one "I've heard" that you want to stay away from the 95's as there kinda the bastard year because there the first year for OBD-II but not the Vortec and that they have less power and are more problematic than earlier or later trucks

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Forgot about them not being the Vortecs.
    I had a '95 Z71 once, and granted, it was not the best I ever had. The tranny didn't perform up to par like I expected.

10. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I know there were probs with the trannys ....computer related???? I have a buddy that works at the GM dealer in town he was the one telling me to stay away from the 95's

11. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

'95s aren't all bad.
    I've had good luck with my DD '95 Yukon GT with 216,500 miles.
    (Bought it in Jan '98 with 57,000 on it)

12. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

You can also find a '95+ for cheaper than $4k, especially with those miles. I'd still take the $4000 and get what you want. You might be able to get a good CK for a dd and a K series for a toy.

13. Avery4jc

Thanks for all the replies guys but something you all forgot is that I can't have more than one vehicle. I'm 17 and even with my good grade discount it would kill me to insure two vehicles. Plus I don't do a ton of driving so whatever "toy" I have is more than adequate to get me back and forth across town.

I'll pass on the '95 because for $4,000 I could pick up a blazer that already has some work done and for a teenager who is on a part time job income paying for insurance, gas, vehicle, etc. I think I would be better off doing that. Plus I've seen tons of rigs for sale on here that are much further along than mine is for $4,000 and below.

-Avery

14. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

4L60Es suck. that's why i've got my eyes peeled for a replacement for my 93. at 127K, its 4L60E is on borrowed time. i tow with it pretty regulary...:crazy: