Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Look what I can get for $2500.00 bucks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEGALADON, Sep 19, 2006.

1. MEGALADON

MEGALADON 1/2 ton status

This is a friend of mine truck. it has a V8 with a 5 speed manual trans. This truck is SUPER clean and seems to need nothing. I did notice it did not have a straight axel front end like my
    82 gmc. Is there anything I need to look for with this truck?? I am not familiar with the ford 4X4. do these trucks have problems??? Not sure on the year, 93/96 my guess. its a 250 XLT
    and best of all its not a diesel..

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

blasphemy

get that pice of **** out of here... This a GM site :)

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i think they have alignment problems with that d44 ttb junk. i think its a pretty easy swap to solid axle. we used to have a 89 with 300 v6 and 5speed and we finally got rid of it after 200k miles and the only reson we ditched it was cuz didnt feel like puttin in a clutch, ran forever.

*cough* i mean ferd sucks *cough*

4. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

TTB front end. Alignment hell. All out ranch trucks are that style, front ends parts seem to wear quickly and aren't nearly as easy to fix as the GM straight axle you are familiar with. Then again our ranch trucks are driven like rentals.

5. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Not a bad truck. I like the diesels better than the gassers myself. If you need a tow rig, Id go for it.

6. MEGALADON

MEGALADON 1/2 ton status

OK guys, I know it's a ford. I only own chevys, but for the price this thing
    is super, and i mean super clean, not a tick on the motor. But at the same
    time I don't want to buy junk that I have to keep buying parts for. I would plan to use this as a daily driver and put a 6" lift on my GMC and go crazy with it.

I would post on the ford forum, but I have no bussiness there, this is just a simple question, and I knoe some of you have ford to.. :bow:

7. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

nobody around here owns fords....they own ferds ;)

8. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

at work we we did up a 96 f150 4x4 and it was rotting form badly on the box and on the rockers with the weather striping is also truck started with out key lol other then that we didnt run into any problems with her except the rear diff was leaking fluid

9. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Does it have the push-buttons-on-the-dash transfer case shift, or is it the more reliable floor-shift-lever transfer case?

10. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

I used to have a 97 F250 HD and it was a great truck. It had a 460/auto in it. I never had any real problems with it. In 160K miles I replaced only the alternator and water pump (along with common maintenance items such as tires, brakes, fuel filter, plugs, etc).

The only issue I had with it is that it wasn't a one ton crew cab. Or a dually. Or a Chevy. :D

Big Red.JPG

11. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

dual tails, I belive the 460's came out with those. Someone might correct me though. If it has a 460 i'd look around, unless used for towing. Definately needs a straight axle. Those things are junk and always seem to leak on the backside

12. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

well if you calculate right that would come out alot more because its a ferd!!LOL you pay $2500 and another $2500 into it thats about $5000. you should just get a chevy"like a rock"

13. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i'd say buy it it's a good deal that things dang clean it has a dana 50 TTB which use the same bearings and hubs and stub shafts as a ford dana 60 there pretty tough trucks it would be a good DD/tow rig as for the exhaust having dual outlets the 351 trucks have that setup as well on the 3/4 and 1 tons so it might be a 351 or a 460
    also the alignment issues aren't ant worse than the IFS chevys and don't cost as much to repair one area to check would be the font spring shackle upper bushings that is a problem area on these trucks

14. yellowK20

also the 5-speed isn't the toughest tranny it's a ZF and under hard use there known to crater .

15. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

On all of the stock F250/F350s I've seen, the 351s had the dual exhaust and the 460s and 7.3s had the single 3 inch exhaust. Also, you might check at what the GVW is. The light duty 3/4 ton had a D44 front and the HD versions had the D50.

EDIT: Just noticed the full floaters out back. Probably the heavier GVW model.

16. yellowK20

We have 3 of these trucks for "ranch trucks 2 with 460's and one with a powersmoke the 460's have the "twicepipes" on them and the diesel has the 3.5 Inch single. a freind of mine has a f250 with a 351 5-speed and her truck has the dual pipes also

17. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

my friend has one of these. we took out the front a few years ago and removed the center bracket, and a dana 60 bolted right in. no more wierd tire wear problems.

18. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Wierd tire wear comes from not enough damping on those. Put a single, quality mono-tube with proper valving or 2 Rauncho's per tire on it.

19. MEGALADON

MEGALADON 1/2 ton status

OK, whats a full floater?? and I take it this has a heavy duty suspension??

20. yellowK20

yeah its the heavy duty rearend you need to buy that truck its a good deal