Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Look what I won on Ebay

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG]

2. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

LOL, someone had that laying for awhile.... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeah, it's comming from France. But I wanted a K5 model so badly !!!!! It's cool couse the first K5 I owned was a 72. I plan to paint it primer grey with a white top just like my 72 was. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I got a new one from a craft store it was the green mad mud runner or somethin, with headers comming out the hood, I cut the top off and painted it chevy orange, even has 44'' tires and lifted, they still made them and chevyduty seels them

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Consider yourself lucky. Ole Bubba Ray almost declared a bidding war on that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

i, too, thought about bidding on that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Paul,
    I hope I did not ruin the surprise. I will still act surprised though if you want me to...you know....when you give that to me when I come up there in August...

John

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

There was (2) of them on Ebay. The first one went for $36.00, I got this one for $21.00 . I told myself I wouldn't bid over $30.00 .

9. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I wondered if you seen those models on there! There where three or four K5 models and several matchbox cars on there this week. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. jjlaughner

"it's comming from France"
    That person also had a late 70's-80's one also that ended with no bids, you should see about combined shipping on the two of them!
    haha
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Well you know Im going to want AT LEAST 12.00 for my mini D60 for it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just sent the Western Union money order for it. $21.00 + $8.00 shipping + .75 for the money order + .80 postage to France , so not to bad. So basicly I paid just under $31.00 for a plastic model ??????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif But I wanted it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. jackedjimmy350

yeah you stole on of those matchboxes from me! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif just playin, i should have paid attention /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif but i didnt think anyone would be up that late to outbid me /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. chevyracing

I like to snipe auctions.... Just plain ole fun.

John

16. jjlaughner

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    yeah you stole on of those matchboxes from me! just playin, i should have paid attention but i didnt think anyone would be up that late to outbid me

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things! 1 I bid at least 1 hour before the end of that auction and 2 I work third shift so I have nothing better to do than snipe auctions in the middle of the night
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. chevyracing

The way I see it sniping is okay... There are some auction sites that add an hour or so to the auction if there is a bid in the last few seconds to prevent sniping. When I sell stuff on eBay I usually put it on in the middle of the night, it is amazing who will stay up till 4 am to snipe bid on a set of heads for a Harley.......

Some don't like snipers. The discussion forums on eBay are full of comments, pro and con, about snipers. The auction isn't over till the last person bids in the amount of time the auction is allotted. It is fair game til the last half second as far as I am concerned. Part of the reason I go to eBay is to find a bargain of such, and if I start a bid war with someone early on the price just gets jacked up to where half the time it is cheaper to drive to the store an buy the item new.

I have read eBay's rules /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif from top to bottom and have not seen anywhere that says it is illegal or unethical to bid in the last few seconds.

Proxy bidding allows you to bid the most you will pay for an item before you are out. I lose more than I win because the proxy bid is higher than my snipe most of the time. If I snipe an auction and beat someone on their proxy bid and they get pi55ed because they did not have a chance to bid they should have entered a higher proxy bid if they were willing to pay more for the itemin the first place. IMO

Just my opinion..........

John

18. jjlaughner

During college when I got into ebay real big I was on a cable modem, then I moved home where there is nothing but Dial-up, then at work now I'm the only person on the T3 at night. The way I usually put it is that 'I'm the guy that always pisses me off." Sometimes I'm a good snipe, sometimes someone else snipes me sniping. Its always been that way! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

19. jackedjimmy350

you havent heard the last of me /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif