Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Look what I'm getting! Happy (early) B-day Timmy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Oct 5, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Look what I\'m getting! Happy (early) B-day Timmy

[​IMG]

I'll be picking it up from my local dealer in a little over two weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Re: Look what I\'m getting! Happy (early) B-day Timmy

keeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwlllll!!!
    what caliber???

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Duh, .45 ACP. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif nothing but a red x

edit: ok, now it's showing. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

sorry, ya know me, if it doesn't look like mine (big and long barrelled) I can't recognize it /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    sorry, ya know me, if it doesn't look like mine (big and long barrelled) I can't recognize it /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not exactly tiny. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Where's the assualt weapon!?!

9. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not exactly tiny. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah its probley the largest compact /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Where's the assualt weapon!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I leave that in the vault at my unit. I personally think having that crap at home is useless. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I personally think having that crap at home is useless. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

scares the hell out of intruders when you step out with one though. my buddy has an AR-15, and has had people break into his house before. thoroughly surprised that they didnt wet themselves when they saw it.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I personally think having that crap at home is useless. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

scares the hell out of intruders when you step out with one though. my buddy has an AR-15, and has had people break into his house before. thoroughly surprised that they didnt wet themselves when they saw it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a shotgun for that. The sound of a Remington 870 chambering a round scares the crap out of intruders too!

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    till your buddy has to use it and puts one through the intruder, through a wall and into his next door neighbor its great, shotguns are the best home security weapons in my opinion, short range and plenty of stopping power. Nice 20 guage semi I have will be my home security gun, whenever I get my own damn place.

14. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

You won't be sorry! I just can't shoot my .40 enough. I had a guy a couple of years ago try to tell me that H&K's were junk. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif I just love getting gun advice from those who don't know what they are talking about. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

15. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I have a shotgun for that. The sound of a Remington 870 chambering a round scares the crap out of intruders too!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit, I made a post all about overpenetration and 870 and buckshot and....

....and it didn't go through !!!!!!!!!!

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You won't be sorry! I just can't shoot my .40 enough. I had a guy a couple of years ago try to tell me that H&K's were junk. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif I just love getting gun advice from those who don't know what they are talking about. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tonight was like the third night within the last week I've tromped around out in the rain with mine and as of yesterday, no signs of rust...... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Of course this weekend is mandatory weapons clean-up/straighten out the patrol car after all the crap I had flying around tonight...........

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

They were probably SiG owners telling you what a POS your H&K was, even though theirs rusts inside a humidor. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

18. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I used to be a commercial fisherman up here in Alaska. Mine spent 3 months on the boat with me- not a rust spot one. You should have seen the corrosion on the ammo though. Had to get rid of three boxes because I didn't want to run them through the gun. I do not believe I have ever found rust the whole time I have owned it.

19. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

I tell ya what, my military weapon (berreta 9mm) rusted like a bad dog in Kuwait. Humidity? whats that? When I was PD, the Ruger didn't rust, but other guys' kept breaking firing pins (at the range) Ruger sent a rep out to change everyones pins..PITA. Anyway, I'd rather have a bit of surface rust to knock off on occasion than a non-op weapon when ya need it. Its all about maintenance anyway, if ya keep it nice and lubed/clean I don't forsee a problem. Nice score, how much did she cost ya?

20. jjlaughner

I'm pretty well a brand loyal type guy... goodyear, valvoline, gm and of course HK

Even being an HK guy, I'll admit the hk has SOME down falls. I've heard of a couple broken firing pins, there are upgrades, I've heard alot of HK loyal individuals gripe about HK not making alot of weapons civilian available (refusing to sell certain models to dealers).
    But yet there are still alot of Loyal HK owners and I'm sure thats for a reason.
    I know there are alot of loyalist out there that like glocks, and so far I've turned two of them on to HK's and got tim pointed toward HK's even though he's still talking about buying a glock or other brand gun sometime in the future /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif