Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Look what showed up at my local towns Freight Depot..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73k5blazer, Sep 15, 2006.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

And how about that, it had My Name on it!!

[​IMG]

And a front bumper with a built in reciever (for my winch, of course), just what I always wanted.
    [​IMG]

I know, I'm a lazy bastard for not really "DIY"ing it, but Kert is cheap (considering the amount of time I'd spend making them), and the workmanship is outstanding.

Just need to modify the brackets a bit to play nice with my fiberglass body mount stuff (mounts in rear and tilt front hinge's in front, are currently in the way, nothing Kert could have accounted for)

I plan to add this H1 brush guard to the front (which hinges down, just like a real H1!), It's a bit too wide, go figure, but bending the edges around the corner would be perfect, If I can do it without wrecking it.

[​IMG]

2. 1976Blazer76

1976Blazer76 1/2 ton status

I like em! Where did you get them?

3. 73k5blazer

Kert (cybrfire) cybrfire
    who is the man behind diy4x.

The rear is pretty standard, the front I had him custom made, but I think he plans to create a salable front.....

4. 1976Blazer76

1976Blazer76 1/2 ton status

If you don't mind me asking. What kinda money we talking about for these?

5. 73k5blazer

The price for his rear is on the website. (http://www.diy4x.com), the front was a custom thing, I think he charged me $375 for it, but like I said, it was custom, so mabey he gave me a deal because it wasn't gonna be perfect (actually it is pretty well perfect, save for the brackets, which is half my fault because of the special tilt front clip hinges are in the way), or mabey he charged me more than usual for the custom work. Mabey he told me it was gonna be around something, and spent more time than it was worth. I dunno. I'm pleased though, workmanship is outstanding. Exactly what I wanted. A thin crappy gaudy ARB bumper for a new silverado can cost almost a G by itself, and, considering the amount of time it would have taken me, and the fact that individuals get raped on steel prices these days, his prices are very reasonable. Ask him , he's a very personable guy....

Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  6. 73k5blazer

7. 85-m1028

85-m1028 1/2 ton status

I looked at that rear bumper and started thinking about pinnoccio for some reason :haha:

8. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good lookin stuff, Kert's an outstanding guy and will build most anything for an awesome price. I'm lucky...less than two hours from his shop. :D