Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Look what the Fabrication Fairy Left

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Depdog, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Its rough, still have to clean and paint, and I am leaving it out to make a few copies of, will improve some things on the coppies. This is the proto type. Drivers side 350 Engine York Bracket. Bolts to the head and one brace to the intake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Depdog /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

multiple questions for you:
    1: Did you draw anything out wiht measurements? Are you planning on doing so, can I get the drawing from you?

2: Do you think it possible to mirror partds and run them on the passenger side. I can only keep the K5 if it retains AC per the spousal unit, heck that's the only reason I was allowed to buy it

3: I know there was one more but I can't remember what it was. time for bed

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Oh my goodness... I need to make a mount like that within the next month. If you have drawings or measurements, or would be willing to sell the plans or a complete mount, PLEASE let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

6. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah! An onboard air kit. I like it!

7. Depdog

No drawings or measurments. I am trying to make a good working proto type first, then I will duplicate it. The duplicate will also have a few improvements. The brace on the proto type is welded on, it will be a bolt on brace on the 2nd go around. I was thinking about the mirror thing to make it work on the passenger side, I dont see why it would not work unless there is an issue with the manifold brace. If there is I should be able to come up with something else. This one also has a leg to attach the power steering pump bracket.

As far as keeping A/C the on board air article on this site shows it adding a York with the factory a/c.

Thanks for the comments.

Depdog

8. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

My Yoks came with a BBC bracket that bolted it right on. I modified it to work on the small block and now I have to modify it back for the BB again! I found it in the junkyard on a chevy cube van.

9. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

so with this bracket how will the belt setup be? from the power steering pump to the york? I can't quite tell from the photo but how will tension be put on the belt does the york slide on this braket?
    great job Glenn it looks like yer putting a those FREE tools to work [flipoff]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[flipoff]

10. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Dep,

If you need drawings, I can draw them in AutoCAD for you and provide you with files. Looks great - is that Stainless Steel? Can't tell from the pics.

11. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Nice work guy!. Now figure out how to mount one with the stock A/C still in there /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Here is a Christmas gift for you.
    http://members.cox.net/cglabe1/Air/OilFix.html
    Did AZ ship mine down there too? What do I owe you for shipping?
    Throw it in the truck when you run Rich and I get it from you.

12. Depdog

The unit on the cube van was an aftermarket one. I looked at a couple of those and they ususally block the power steering resevior. The York I have came off a Fullsize wagoneer. It had a duel pully v belt clutch and I made the bracket to line up with the duel pulleys off of the power steering pump. One belt goes fromt he crank to the water pump to the steering pump. One belt goes all that way and then around the York. I have not gotten a new belt to check it yet. Soon as I do I will post some more pics. Raining here now (damn it, I wanted to finish)

The York is mounted on another tray that slides inside the mounting tray, the slots are for 4 bolts to hold it in place. The tab on the bracket is for a bolt, as you tighten the bolt, it slides the york on its tray and tightens the belt. That way you dont have to have a pry bar and a bud to help hold it tight while you tighten the bolts that hold it.

Did this make sense?

Grim, I got that compressor from a Junk Yard, I have not heard anything else from AZ, have you?

Are you going no the Jan 1 Ride, looks like Ken Braswell is bringing the Hybrid and there are about 10 to 12 of us if your going.

Let me know.

Depdog

13. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

Dep did you get your york from pull-a-part on morland? everytime i go there they have several volvoe's with the 10R yorks at a whopping $18.

grim are you looking for a york? i got a spare one i'll sell ya

14. Depdog

Nope, got it at the local place and it came off a fullsize Waggy. Might have to check out that pull a part yer talkin about though.

Depdog

15. Grim-Reaper

Haven't heard from AZ. I'll drop him a line. Not in any real hurry. I have to get my exhaust redone before I can mount the PTO and it's going to be a while before I have the cash to do that. Just have to live with two rusted out mufflers and a bad colector flange till then. I want to put a set of those braided pipes in line near the engine. The collector flange was hosed because of the trucks frame flex. The pipe hits the transfer case and it puts some leverage on it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Still in the air about Jan 1. At this point the people we were supose to go out with can't seem to get organized. Looking more like I might make it.

16. Grim-Reaper

Yeah I might be interested in that compressor. How much ya want for it? Does it have the port fitting with it?

17. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Nice job Dep.
    I don't know if I want to use the York or a Sanden, I have both I was leaning to the Sanden Mostly cause I could get a mount for it from Alan Grove His prices are not bad, But I would rather support a fellow CK'er, So if you make them up Let me know.

Eric

18. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Lookin good....need to do the same without loosing my factory a/c. We took a spare compressor i had layin around the shop and fabricated it to run of the shop trucks start all.....works like a charm.

Did you and grimy still want these compressors i have boxed up in the garage???

Azblazer

19. Depdog

Yes and Yes on the compressors, let us know how much and the shipping. Do they have clutches. Drop me an email and we will get it worked out.

On the brackets, I am working on a couple.

Thanks
    Depdog

20. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Looks great.... I was looking for one about a year or so ago and gave up on finding something so I started finding the stuff to go to a stock type... Are you going to sell them after you make improvements?