Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lookin at another truck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4x4machine, Mar 13, 2002.

1. 4x4machine

4x4machine Registered Member

I know this is kind of pointless to post, but I am excited becuase I saw an old '73 -'75 (Don't know exact year) Jimmy for sale yesterday. I was driving to school and it caught the corner of my eye. Its orange with a white cap, and its $850cdn o.b.o. I am going to take a look at it on the weekend.

2. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

sweet when if you get it throw a 88-89 front clip on it. that would be really cool

3. 4x4machine

Nah, sorry, but I am not a fan of the '88 clip. the '89 -'91 is ok, but I would keep the round headlights for sure. I love the look they give the whole truck.

4. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

Keep the round headlights those look alot better. Check for rust, mine has rust all over the place but, I still wouldn't trade it for anything. You'll love the full convert of that Jimmy.

5. 4x4machine

Sorry, but what do you mean by full convert of the Jimmy. I don't quite follow ya there.

Also, how I am assuming its a 73-75 is becuase of the little 350 badge in the driver's side bottom corner of the grill. I am assuming that its the 73-75's that only had this?

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

If it is a full removable top, then it is 75 or older. Also, if it has the square body style then it is 73-75. If it's only a half top with round headlights and square body style then it's 76-79.

7. 4x4machine

AHHHHHHHH, I still can't get ahold of the guy selling this truck. Thanks for the info about what year, its a 73-75 (removeable top).

I just have a few questions:
    1. What transfer case and diff's came on these years?

2. I've never even riden in a Jimmy with a convertable top, would I need to put a rollcage in to offroad? Is there alot of flex in the truck since there is no roof when the top is off?

3. Should I even bother getting this thing. I have the money, but I wouldn't start working on it for a while. I am able to store it for as long as I want at my uncle's farm. Am I wasting time and money, or is it worth it to save one from the crusher?

Thanks

8. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

My '74 has an NP 203 Transfer case. 12Bolt rear axle. Dana 44 front axle. All are stock. Full convertable K5s kick a$$! If it is in good enough shape, grab it, hold on to it, and fix it up when you can.