Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lookin for a gas tank to put in my '72 blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by islandblazin, Jul 14, 2004.

1. islandblazin

islandblazin Registered Member

Lookin for a gas tank to put in my \'72 blazer

I was wondering if anyone knows where i can find a gas tank for a 72 blazer, it has a 23gal with a rock gaurd on it, but i wanted to go bigger, and i have some rust in my tank which clogs up my 4 filters. If anyone knows of a good site or has any ideas of how to go at this please help.

2. mikeperez22

mikeperez22 Registered Member

Re: Lookin for a gas tank to put in my \'72 blazer

Check out Northwest Metal Products. The have custom big fuel tanks for old 1st Gen Blazers. I plan on buying one myself when I get to that stage.

www.nwmp.com

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: Lookin for a gas tank to put in my \'72 blazer

Yep. Northwest metal products.
    First gens= 37 gallon tank.
    I'm pretty happy with mine, but it was all scratched up with a couple dings when ups finally got it to me, so it would be worth it to pay an extra $10 for packaging.
    Heres how mine was shipped.. just the tank, and notice the packing slip taped to the tank... The ups guy pretty much threw it out of the back of the truck and onto my doorstep. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    [​IMG]
    When i went to fuel injection, it seems the pickup in the tank or the baffle doesn't work good because the fuel pump starves for fuel under hard acceleration or cornering once it gets down below 1/3 of a tank or so. Not sure if this is the pickup and baffle or if i need to mount my fuel pump lower to get a better gravity feed or something.
    Only other thing I can add, is the gas tank alone isn't a very good skidplate. I smashed it up good in the rocks. You'll want to put on a first gen skidplate to protect it if your gonna play hard.. I got a factory skidplate i think, and i made it work with a little modification. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif