Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lookin for a tbi parts list..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5redneck, Jan 11, 2005.

1. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

what will i need to do a tbi swap into a 74 k5 with a th350? parts i have so far, the complete motor with all the sencors, computer, and all the motor wireing. do i need the dash wireing and cluster? does an 89 k5 have a speed sencor if so how do i get to work on my 74? any info will be a big help this is the first time that i done a efi swap before so im lost looking at it.:confused:

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Looks like you've got most of it. Get the speedo out of the cluster with the sensor and the little box that the sensor goes to. You can use your existing 74 cluster, with the new speedo and sensor/ amp for VSS. Grab the Park neutral switch off the column also

Don't forget about the fuel lines up to the TBI, and the fuel pump/ tank with baffles if you go the in-tank pump route.

For the O2 sensor, I just cut a hole in my existing exhaust, welded a nut on there, and put in a new sensor.

P.S.- search on this, it's been done many times by alot of folks here.

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm just gathering parts to do my '78. Check out Painless Wirings web site. They have VSSs and other useful stuff. I'm using one of their looms as the stock loom I bought is way busy for what I need.

This may be their address www.painlessperformance.com