Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lookin for K5'ers around Austin

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Mar 30, 2000.

Lookin for K5\'ers around Austin

Hey guys whats going on? I was wandering if there were any more K5'ers around Austin... And wondering if ya'll know of any trails down here?

I wish my 74 was back on the trail

1. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Re: Lookin for K5\'ers around Austin

Hey Bro, I am in Dallas. But I have Family down your way, as a matter of fact I graduated from high school down there, in Wimberely. I consider Austin my second home. Also I will be getting married there in october. I go down to austin qutie often. Maybe we can hook uo sometime.

89K5 payed 3k for the rig, spent almost 7k in the last 6 months on upgrades!!!!

2. Re: Lookin for K5\'ers around Austin

Cool man let me know next time your down there are a couple of trails that I know of close by....

I sold my 74 to my best friend so he could join the K5 family...

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I live in Austin. where do you live. I live South, off I-35. I'd also like to know of any trails, or just a big mud hole!

YEEE HAWWW[​IMG]

4. Javier Gras

Javier Gras Registered Member

Check out this page http://128.83.80.200/taco/
    and follow the links to "the slab" or similar, it's close to austin. The guy is from the TX4x4 list.

There's quite a few wheelers in Austin, too bad not many with Blazers, and he seems to know a lot of them.

Good luck

Javier

5. RAY

RAY 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I live in Austin and go to school there also. I am too l
    ooking for trils around there.

6. gtstompin

gtstompin Registered Member

I'm in San Antonio and I have found some trails in the north-east area. Just some mudholes, but fun anyhow. I'm oringinally from Bandera and I have off-roaded there for a long time. Let me know if you want to hit some trails in San Antonio. O-yea, I'm going to Big Bend on the 14th of July and all are welcome.

7. Kurt

Kurt Newbie

Coleto Creek (10 miles west of Victoria) has 14 miles of trail, soft sand , mud holes. About 2 hours south of you. Entry can be gained at US 59 or US 77. Its on private property but most people behave themselves so it hasn't been ruined for those of us who live close by and enjoy a little off road fun. I complete the trail in a stock 84 K5 with 32 x 11.5's with a little difficulty, nothing a jack and some planks didn't take care of. The creek has bass, catfish, perch, and some good swimming holes. There are some nasties out there, Cottonmouths are common, alligators are not infrequent so scout the water. Camping there is no problem as long as it is done quietly, lots of critters to see. Caution is advised when there is rain, the creek rises rapidly.
    Kurt

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Anybody know where the slab is located??