Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lookin for some 513s

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by muddybuddy, Aug 15, 2005.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

hey guys im looking for some 5.13s for a 10bolt and a 14ff. thanks

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

shane74 had a new set of thick 5.13 gears for a 14FF for $260... He can get you the best prices on just about any gears from Randy's Ring and Pinion.

3. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

good luck finding any new for a 14b from a distributer...on national backorder till nov.

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I can get you everything you need for the front 10B right now. Do you need a carrier, or do you alrady have one? I can do $300 + shipping for the gears, install kit, and an open carrier. If you already have a carrier, it'd be $232 + shipping. I can have this on your doorstep within a few days.

The 14BFF thick gears are back ordered for quite some time. I have an arrangement that if/when any come in, I get a shot at 2 sets before they go to the general public. I can check on those too if you'd like. Worst case scenario, we back order them and you get them drop shipped as soon as they hit Randy's dock.

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

<hijack>

Any info on the mythical 14 bolt 5.38's?

</hijack>

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Ahhh yes, the mythical 5.38's. It's almost easier to catch a Snipe and a Jackalope on the same night as it is to get ahold of those! From what I hear, we are looking at the end of the year at the earliest on those. :crazy:

7. muddybuddy

8. muddybuddy

ive got a carrier with 373s now.

how much would shipping be for the gears and install kit for 10b to 22039?

9. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Performance offroad center (PORC) sold me my 5.13s for $199-14ff and $129-10 bolt.

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

How long ago? There has been an insane price increase over the past 30 days on teh thick 14BFF 5.13's. Also, when I called around to compare prices, everybody quoted me higher prices than what they have listed on their websites. When I pointed out thier internet price, they kindly reminded me of thier other online statement that says "prices subject to change w/out notice".

I'm not trying to argue, but information gives me ammo to get better pricing from my source so I can pass it along. :D It's all about who can save you the most money, right? :waytogo:

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

If you need just the install kit and gears for the 10B, I can do it for $230 + shipping. You will need a carrier if you don't already have one. If you need/want one, add another $66 for an open carrier.

12. muddybuddy

ya i just checked with performance offroad center, and they said that they dont have any (obviously), maybe in a month or so...

shane, if i was able to find a better price on the 10b 5.13s and install kit, would u be able to match it?

13. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Ok, just to set the record straight on the 5.38's. Even though they advertise them, they do not have them. Especially if they are coming from Yukon. Yukon hasn't even made thier first production run on them yet. So, you can order them, but you'll wait a long time to get them. The earliest expected arrival date is towards the end of the year.

Call around for them and see that they tell you. :wink1: As a dealer, I have to make sure what is out there and for what prices. That is why I don't say I can get you something, charge you for it, and then inform you they are on back order. That just isn't right in my book.

14. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I can try. I know what I can get them for and I don't put a huge mark up on them. I'll do my best though! :waytogo:

15. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

FYI:

A buddy of mine got a quote from Alex at PORC less than a month ago...
    same price was given but for d60.

14bff- $199.00
    d60- $129.00

16. muddybuddy

what the break down on the gears and install kit, how much for each?
    thanks, youve been very helpful, might have to buy ur stuff even if you arent the lowest :D

17. muddybuddy

yea i just got an email from alex (PORC) sayin its gonna be a while. grrr why does everybody have to get 5.13s?

18. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I am trying to get better pricing, but until I can turn more volume, I don't get really deep discounts that larger distributors get. Anyway, here is the breakdown on what I can do;

10B 5.13 Gears - $145
    Install kit - $85
    Total - $231 + shipping

I don't have the volume to be able to offer free shipping on these yet. As soon as I do, I will be passing along the savings. I know I'm not the cheapest, so I have to try and make up for it in helpfulness :dunno:

19. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Seems like every year this time that 5.13s get hard to find. They must only make so many a year then they get distributed to the dealers. Everyone buys up for winter builds so the summer guys get the shaft. I know I call PORC this time last year and he told me that he only had 2 sets left. Anyway I wasn't ready so I didn't buy then I bought them about 6 months later with no problems.

20. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yeah, It seems to go in bursts. I try to snag up what I can when I can, but the 5.13 thing has gotten to be a PITA lately.