Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lookin for trails by the OR/WA coast...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Jul 9, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

my gf and I really like camping near the coast... so we can walk on the beach or hike on nearby established hiking trails in the foothills. Since my rig is *finally* going to be off-road ready again soon (yep, Blazer Bash build up!) I'd like to find some places near said coast/camping that I can wheel a little bit. Doesn't need to be too extreme, but it would be good if it wasn't a yawner for a locked/welded 1-ton 39.5 equipped Jimmy...

any ideas? TIA,

J

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Sand Lake is cool no matter what you drive...and plenty of beach to walk on too.

TSF is not too far away from Sand Lake either...plenty of good stuff there too.

Rene

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

What Rene said.

Both places are within 45 minutes of each other, and offer a good test. You've been to TSF before I know, and there are plenty of challenging trails.........been reading the OBH messages? Rock crawl is OPEN for business. It's up off the end of Firebreak 5. That'll give you a good test. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

So what is the ETA of the truck actually hitting the road? /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. jekbrown

eta: well, it obviously has to be ready for Blazer Bash... BUT, the gears need to be broke in, and once the swap is done the rig needs to be tested on some trails so I can wring out any little problems that may pop up before the BIG event. I'm leaving on the 21st of August... so hopefully the axle swap will happen right around the end of this month. Maybe the 1st week of august, I'll go on some little trail runs just in my local area. Who knows, if I get a lot of work done (and it will speed up on Aug 1st when I get out of school) maybe I will go to TSF or something b4 blazer bash.

J

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I can take you plenty of local places to twist you up. No need to go all the way to TSF. LOL!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. jekbrown

cool deal shane. I need to get the axles swapped and then head out to somewhere close to test things out... and to break in the D60 gears. Gotta be in 4wd to do it so I need to be offroad etc.

j