Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking 2 buy rims, how much backspacing do I need?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by triger, Mar 14, 2003.

1. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green">I have done a search and come up with nothing? I am buying 15x10 rims and don't know how much backspacing I need? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Also I am gonna be putting 33/12.5R 15 tires in case u need 2 know...

T </font>

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Tire size also affects this....Mine are ProComp 33/12.5/15 on 15x8 w/3.25" BS

3. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green">Those are the tires I was actually looking at...A/T's...they have a 3.62 backspacing on them? And maybe the eagle 589's or the black rock crawlers...Don't know which ones will look better on a black truck? Any other info would be great!! Also an opinion on which rims would be cool...

[​IMG]
    or
    [​IMG]

Right now I have something similar to the rock crawlers but they are 15x8's and being so small look kinda funny...I kinda like the the back but not sure if they go with a black truck...such a dilemma... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks...
    T </font>

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Do you offroad much? I mean, do you use your rig on the road alot more than off road? I have ATs on my rig and it's my daily driver, THEY SUCK! they're great on road, but once you hit the dirt, they cake and slip! I hate my AT for offroad! That's why that truck is for on road use only now!!!!
    They do last longer, but then you're stuck with them longer too! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you offroad much?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> No not as much as I would like to... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I will do some but the truck will be a DD...Until I move out of Jersey and go west there is not much around here...</font>

[ QUOTE ]
    They do last longer, but then you're stuck with them longer too!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> I was thinking about in the future buying M/T's for the 15x8's I got right now and when I plan on go wheeling I can switch them...(note: I do have a shop and lift which will make that much easier) Who knows I am just trying to spend as little as possible but have bigger and wider tires instead of the puny little 31's on 15x8's...

Thanx for the info
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif T </font>

6. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you have a great plan! Two pairs of tires is always a better way to go! One set for the road, one for the dirt! Smart man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Thats the set I've got on 15x8 589's so thats probably the back set i've got. I think 4wpw has em on sale or atleast the pro-comp a/t's. there actualy a decent tire for a daily driver. Mine only have about 1500 miles on em but they clean themselves well. I've got a buddy with new BFG a/t's and those do suck. The rason I went with 8" was because with stock height I've read that 10's could rub. The 2nd pic is of them on the truck with a 1" body lift Pro-Comp A/T's

8. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green"> Damn I thought that was a pick of my truck...Looks the same and now I have an ideal of what they would look like...Thanx... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have a 4 in" lift on the truck as of now and may go alittle higher...so I should be good with the 10s...

T </font>