Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking at a truck

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 69K5, Jan 30, 2004.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

theres a 95 chevy 2500 2wd automatic extended cab for sale. its diesel im assuming 6.5 because there is a motor cover of some sort on the fromt seat that says 6.5 td. they want 5,000 for it.i dont know much about diesels so i was worried about the cover. is it just a shield for the injection or what. oh yeah it has 130,000 miles on it. i would prefer a 4wd but my wife only agreed to a truck if it was 2wd. cant really afford the extra insurance on a 4wd right now anyeay. what should i look for on the truck?

thanks

69k5

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    theres a 95 chevy 2500 2wd automatic extended cab for sale. its diesel im assuming 6.5 because there is a motor cover of some sort on the fromt seat that says 6.5 td. they want 5,000 for it.i dont know much about diesels so i was worried about the cover. is it just a shield for the injection or what. oh yeah it has 130,000 miles on it. i would prefer a 4wd but my wife only agreed to a truck if it was 2wd. cant really afford the extra insurance on a 4wd right now anyeay. what should i look for on the truck?

thanks

69k5

[/ QUOTE ]

The 95 only had the 6.5, I am not sure if they had an option of N/A but I know they had Turbo Diesel 6.5s
    Other than that I can say that 130000 is nothing if the PO was taking care of it and a lot if he wasn't.
    I bought a van with a 6.2 with only 80000 but the engine was shot, the bearings were gone and I mean gone and the crank was scared.
    I knew that before I bought though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Anyway check the oil for viscosity and color, too much black soot means he doesn't take care of it much, also chekc the tailpipe an see if there is a lot of black soot, a slight smear is OK if the thikness is visible there is blow by.
    And finally test drive it, it should pull nice and no clatter.