Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking at an 82 burb, need advice

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1-bad-burb, May 12, 2006.

1. 1-bad-burb

1-bad-burb Registered Member

ok so heres the deal, I found an 82 6.2 suburban, silverado, automatic, believe to be 135,xxx miles, now on a 82 could someone tell me what tranny/xfer case combo it would have? and would it be a 14Bff or a 14bsf? the price is $1700 and the body is great(no rust) except for a large dent in the rear passenger area, interior is decent, its all stock and has a switch for the glow plugs instead of the controller, its been sitting for a while and has not been started, the batterys were almost dead and it fired right up after about 10 seconds of glow time. and ran smooth as silk, no smoke just some steam when it fired up, what problems should I look for in a truck like this? I already have an 85 burb with a 6.2 thats thrown a rod, and now I'm looking at this one LOL

Parker

sorry if this is typed wrong but I'm looking for quick answers because I might brong this burb home with me today:D

2. 1-bad-burb

also, would it have an np208 or a 205? and it does have a vacum pump on the rear of the motor, so I guess its a TH400 tranny

3. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

unless it is an a/c truck, then it needs vacuum for the controls, look underneath on the passenger side ad see if it has a vacuum modulator, if it dosent it is probably a 700r4 or you can look on the dash indicator and see if it had overdrive on it, chances are it has a 208 with a 14bsf with a 10blt frontend

4. 1-bad-burb

its deffinatly a TH400, and the guy said its a 14BFF and I looked at the pumpkin, it looked larger then the one on my 14BSF, it does have a 10B front, now I jsut wonder what Xfer case it has? how can you tell a 208 from a 205:confused: ? I'll check tomorrow when I go look at the truck again.

5. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

a 208 will have a tag on the rear facing side and its aluminum,a 205 will have the tag on the front facing side, 208 is a slip yoke and an 82 205 should be a fixed yoke.