Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking at hydro assist options

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big83chevy4x4, Mar 6, 2004.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

ok ive enguaged in thinking mode again. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

i plan on putting histeer on my k10 with hydro assist. im thinking about running a 1.5" bore and 18" stroke ram. is that not big enough, to long, not long enough? the biggest tire i plan on runnin is 40x15.5x15.

i wanna mount it like greg72 (i think) put his behind the axle mounted off the spring hanger. how did that hold up anyway?

i know you have to tap the box, but where exactly ive seen some put one in the end and the other in the shaft cover. is this a good spot? on pbb is says to tap the box casting at a certain point. im thinking about tapping the box casting because the other seems thin.

i know about the pump mod have you added a bigger reservior or doesnt it need it?

anymore info would be great /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Do a search and use my user name, title, "Cheapest way to hydraulic steering"

6" stroke is all you need I think, 1.5" bore is fine.

I've found that the WTO setup is a great value compared to the other options.

3. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I'm running a 2" bore 8" stroke ram that I got from West Texas OffRoad. Their kit is a very good value...especially with the CK5 discount. I modified my pump as per their website and added some radiator hose to the top of the reservior with a filler cap on top. I keep my fluid level at the top of the metal reservoir with the engine off and fluid cold. It works very well.