Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking at IROK's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Looking at IROK\'s

To those of you who have been running radial IROK's for any length of time, what do you think? I'm putting together my 2004 Upgrade List /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks for any input!

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Re: Looking at IROK\'s

49's? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

(That weekend at McCaslin, did you ever get a chance to look at that truck/take a picture before you left?)

3. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Steve, I did not get to look at the truck on 49's. Wish I could have. Just 37's for me. I think that is pushing the limit quite enough for my Dana 44 /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I'm on my way out to lay in the snow and measure for a rear driveshaft, and front winch bumper. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Might do the driveshaft very soon, because I'm planning to race with the Extreme Offroaders on the 15th down on Lake Winnebago. It's only $10 per class if you want to enter the Burb! Let me know if you'd like details. We'll be spending Saturday night in Oshkosh.

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

My tired burb...race...ice...BFG AT's...I think I'll pass on that one. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

But it does sound like it would be fun to watch. If you've been getting e-mail's with information, could you maybe forward them to burban4x4@hotmail.com? Or if you have a link, that would be cool. Maybe I'll show up to watch.

Cool, a new rear d-shaft and WINCH bumper /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif What are you getting a new rear d-shaft for?
    You should think about putting a SYE kit on your NP241 and then order a 1350 d-shaft. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Wow, sorry Andrea for the hijack. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Okay, back to her question about the Iroks. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

No need to apologize for the hijack. A/T's are fine for ice racing, probably better than my Pro Comp muds. I think you should do it. It's just about a minute long and think of the fun you'd have! Here's a link to the information: Ice Races . Truth be told I'm a little nervous about it, but I'm assured it's fun and I won't roll the Blazer or break stuff. I'll probably enter the women's class AND 4x4 (medium wheel base??) classes.

My Blazer needs the shaft /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. I've known this for quite some time, but after a recent road trip to Wisconsin Rapids, things deteriorated. It's a homemade shaft and cannot be balanced. I broke a u-joint or 2 on it and bent the ears at the rear of the shaft when that happened. I have quite a nasty vibe @ around 60mph and it's getting worse. I may have mentioned having to replace that pricey conversion joint recently, too. I think the slightly bent shaft is the reason why. I'm just going to do it right. We are checking into the SYE kit but I just don't know if I want to fork over the change right now. Trevor says when I get the new shaft, I'd better just as well drop the case and change the bad transmission seal, along with a fluid & filter change. Fun stuff.

IROK's..... hopefully by summer. I'm trading a guy a website for a winch bumper. I don't know if Trevor will borrow me the winch that I bought for him for Christmas. If not, I'll just have to buy myself one for Mother's Day!