Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for 2 1/2 ton Rockwell info

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NOT4SHW, Oct 22, 2002.

1. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

I'm considering swapping in 2 1/2 ton Rockwells in my '79 K5, both steering models, with full hydraulic steering front and rear. What I'm looking for is any info on sources for 2 1/2 ton parts. I've got in touch with Boyce already and looking to call usa6x6 in a day or so. I would like to scrap the drum brakes and run pinion brakes front and rear, they are $350+ per axle, I was wondering if anyone knew of anyone building brackets and or someone who has part #'s etc. to piece the brakes together. Any info is appreciated.
    Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Contact this guy:
    Chuck's Trucks
    He can get you parts or provide you with the axles, much cheaper than Boyce, and he can get it to you customized or stock.
    If I recall right, it was 2k per steering axle, including disk brakes and locker, plus it takes 15" wheels on six lugs.

3. Overkill

Overkill 1/2 ton status

I also am in the process of doing the same thing with an '82. I have found a ton of info on Pirate. There seems to be a bunch of people bringing in 2.5's over there. Good luck..

4. BADASSBLAZE

BADASSBLAZE Registered Member

I'm also interested in putting a set of Rockwells under a 2ndGen K5. Has anyone out there done this?

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Jamie! You still alive? I havent seen you around in a while. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I am considering Rocks for my next MAJOR upgrade also myself. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Ill prob get stuff thru Chucks since they are kinda local to me and I can drive an hr and get what I need.