Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking for 2nd gen in Jersey area

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by ryoken, Apr 25, 2004.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hi guys...

been a little while since i've posted.. was feeling a little poserish without actually having a Blazer anymore..

anyway, figure i'll put this in the wanted.. i'm in the market for a new Blazer. i've got $4000.. so if anyone in the Jersey area knows of a solid 2nd gen for sale, i'd appreciate the headsup.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

There is one just down the road from me, for sale, I will take a look sometime see what he wants for it. Its got rust not sure how bad. I will get back to you on it.

3. ryoken

thanks man... i remember BABlazer had one up in NY state for a couple g's a while back... i do see them in the truck trader, there where 4 like 84 to 87's in there and a couple looked clean. also one going off on ebay at about 1600 in oxford, n.j monday night.. looks like i'll be driving all over the state the next couple weeks trying to hunt one done...

being in jersey, i want to keep it somewhat sane, meaning little to no sawsalling.. so a solid body (or close to it) is what i'm looking for. every single one i've seen has been an auto tho... was kinda interested in doing an injected 383, 465, 205 setup with the hydro.. wonder if my 77 pedals would fit a mid 80's...

anyway, thanks for taking a peek.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

heres the one i was looking at on the bay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6154&item=2474906546&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT

other than missing wheelwells and having running boards it looks pretty good...

4. BEHJR

BEHJR 1/2 ton status

Not jersey, Texas. Bought it off Ebay 6 mos ago. Paid $3700..
    New brakes, New radio. Damn good condition. Little rust. Nothing visible. Have lost interest.

5. BEHJR

BEHJR 1/2 ton status

Sorry, it is a 1975. Gray with a white top.

BH,

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

any specific year you care about? One I know of is like a mid 70s I think. I can't picture the grill in my head to figure it out. Can always mod, too bad I bought mine was fairly clean only $300. Was auto but I'm converting it.

7. ryoken

well, no particular year really, but i do have a fair amount of 77 parts. so i guess that would be the most desirable. but i think finding a clean pre 80's truck may be difficult around here, haven't seen many, mostly mid 80's.. and i also figured getting an 85, 86, 87 thats injected already would make the future injected 383 project that much easier...

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hmmm, a friends stepdad is going to get rid of his Blazer sometime in the not to distant future. Tired TBI 350, auto, I think its a 91 or something, its the newer grille style. I will talk to my friend. Its not perfect but its nicer than mine. Has a bashed in quarter where he met a pole I think, could be fixed I believe.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Here Might come down to off set shipping.