Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking for 88-98 chevy parts or parts truck

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by bad_bo_ti, Jan 13, 2004.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

basically all i am wanting is 2 fenders 2 doors and a 6.5foot (short) bed and hood maybe, (might go aftermarket cowl) all clean rust free if possible if you have any parts or know where i can get a parts truck cheap (blown motor tranny, no motor tranny) the cheaper the better 2wd dont care about trim package or model, would prefer close to ohio or in ohio would be even better, i think i am going to try and fix my truck now. let me know whats out there and a price. thanks, chris

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

My grandmother is trying to sell my grandpa's old truck. It is an '89 Chevy 1/2 ton, 2wd, longbed regularcab for $1000. 4.3L V6, 5 spd. Motor has one bad cylinder that is constantly fouling the plug out. Fairly clean truck for IL. I noticed rust in the rear cab corners and rockers but most of the rest was ok. Truck is located in Galva, IL. My grandfather passed away about 2 years ago and before that he only used it for traveling around locally between his house in town and farm at the edge of town. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you a phone #.

3. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

man i would jump on that if it was a short bed. i will hold off for now, if she sells it let me know, thanks chris