Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for a 10 bolt 3.73 rear axle

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by kennyw, Sep 3, 2005.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I am looking for a cheap 10 bolt with 3.73 gears, don't care about the brakes as I have all new brake parts to put on it off my old axle. Don't care if it has axleshafts either. Just need a housing with carrier and gears that are set up already. Looking for something to get me by as I rebuild the HP D44 front and D60 rear for my '85 Jimmy.

2. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

did the rearend go out in your jimmy nor or something? I can remember what gears are in the 10 bolt out of my blazer but I also have a 10 bolt out of a van in the back yard with 373s in it if you want it. let me know.

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I have a 12B 3.73 that I'd let go dirt cheap. I had a guy interested in it, but so far, no deal struck. It is set up for disc brakes though. If you don't want all that stuff, your 10B brake stuff should bolt right up to it. I just went through the axle last year, so it should be good to go for awhile. $150 w/ all the disc brake stuff on it, $50 bare w/ shafts. I don't have any of the old brake parts kicking around anywhere.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

They will fit for sure . I run my original 83 10 bolt brakes on my 70's 12 bolt :D

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

No, rear end didn't go out, I just wanted to put a better set of gears in it than the 3.08's with the 31" tires... wanted to make the 700R4 happy and be able to use the OD again. But the tranny didn't wanna wait for me to do that :doah: Lost the tranny driving back to Seattle Monday night instead.

Looks like I won't need to worry about the 10 bolts as I will just go straight to the 4.10 3/4 ton axles when I put in the SM465 instead now...