Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for a 1st Gen hardtop

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by destinbeachman, Dec 26, 2005.

1. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,I am wondering what a ballpark figure for a hardtop would be.I'm using a STC Fastrac now and it's okay cause our winters are so mild here but next year I'll be doing some touring out in Utah and it'll be a cold mofo.I'm having trouble just finding one for sale and need to have an idea of what one is gonna cost me.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Well from Free to 500 bucks
    I gave mine away and use soft top.
    every now and then someone is trying to get rid of one...

Good Luck
    Burt

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I still plan on taking your old soft top next time we meet up, burt. :thumb:

I got another double wall hard top for my k5.. Very good condition, no cracks or anything, rear hatch in awsome condition, just faded paint..
    I put it up for sale for $800, and had about a dozen people email me interested in it.. Just the rear hatch alone in good condition will fetch $300ish. A "decent" hard top can be found for $300-500. Good condition $500+.
    Kinda made me re-think it.. Maybe i'll hang on to it if it'll be worth $1K in a few more years. :eek1: ;) ...or i'll just keep it for my future cherry resto blazer that i've yet to find.

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yup, it's yours. I have my new soft top already..just haven't installed it yet. I ended up getting the fast-track with black windows..sould be sweet once I get it on..
    Wheelin with a hard top is just no fun. One of the main reasons I bought a fist gen K5 was the full convertable aspect. Plus that old Kayline sealed out water better than my old hard top...

5. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Hey Ryan sounds like that hardtop would be better than my current retirement policy/benefit:wink1:

6. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Absolutley!

I'm thinking about cutting an existing (pretty beat) hard top just where the side windows start up front, it would almost be like the look of a later model blazer. Over that, I'll install a soft top with all the rest of the mounting hardware as per normal.
    I figure I'll get the better fit around the door windows and a bimi top if needed, then one person can remove the cut portion of the hard top by themselves and be gone and running topless. :D

7. Shanno

Shanno Registered Member

'72 hard top

I have a hard top off of a '72 that I'll give away. Can't ship it, but it's yours if you want to come get it. I'm just north of Minneapolis. PM me and I'll send pictures if interested.

Mike.