Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for a 6.2 ?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by bavarian_blazer, Nov 27, 2006.

1. bavarian_blazer

bavarian_blazer 1/2 ton status

2. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

$450 per engine. I don't need that many.

3. MEK5

MEK5 1/2 ton status

Heres some more that are coming up for bid at a military humvee rebuild center here in ME.

3198831.jpg

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

damn i could really use a 6.2 for my swap

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Damm!..

You cant find a good 6.2 in a junkyard here anymore--all trucks of that vintage go right into the crusher intact pretty much now..450 bucks is likely less than the junkyard would get for a decent running one too..:(

I've seen other "military surplus" sites selling brand new 6.2's that were "water damaged" during a warehouse fire--they are on a steel platform,all decked out in olive drab paint..supposedly the engines had the heads taken off and were "dried out",reassembled,then re-cosmolined for further storage..they are getting 2500 bucks apeice for them..

I just missed a chance to get a '90 6.2 that ran tits for 150 bucks--a guy I know had his 90 GMC 2wd 3/4 ton get totaled in an accident--but he signed the truck off to his insurance company too quick..:( --and yesterday I noticed MY 6.2's oil pan is rotted and LEAKING!...:mad: ..something else difficult to fix,and right as winter sets in and I need it to plow..*&^%$#$...:mad:

6. MEK5

MEK5 1/2 ton status

There selling these in 1 lot listed @650,000 lbs.,Guessing that they will be bought for scrap rather than rebuilding!