Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for a better JOB

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by anatomiczero, Jun 21, 2003.

1. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

I live in Auburn and work at White River McDonalds, I just graduated HS (saw uglychevy's blazer on the way to memorial stadium) and want/need a better job/career soon. Does anyone know of a good place to go to?

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone know of a good place to go to?

[/ QUOTE ]

College /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Or anywhere that isn't fast food at least, but retail sucks too...so I vote College /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. anatomiczero

You mean I can't make a lot of money now? Damn /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif I'm probably going to GRCC starting Winter.

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

LOL, I never said anything about making lots money after college /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. anatomiczero

[ QUOTE ]
    LOL, I never said anything about making lots money after college /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, well atleast I don't have a car payment /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

GO TO COLLEGE.Dont do what I did and put if off.Im wishing I would have went now.

7. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

That really is good advice especially with the economy in the crapper. Now is a good time to be in school, and as far as finding a better job for now there are lots of things better than fast food. I worked for Safeway for a while after high school, and it sucked and made me want to go to college, but it was better than fast food, LOL. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

go to CWU. ill be a sophmore this fall. Im liking it so far. Plus there is exellent wheelin in Ellensburg. Especially for a cow town. I could find you a decent summer job. I know alot of people. I quess that dosnt say much cause this town is small.

9. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I know I'll get flack for this, but my wife is a store manager for Starbucks. They offer full medical, dental, vision & stock options if you work 20 hours per week. It's a great deal for someone who needs to work while going to school or as a second job. Plus, there are some hot baristas!

10. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I live in Auburn and work at White River McDonalds, I just graduated HS (saw uglychevy's blazer on the way to memorial stadium) and want/need a better job/career soon. Does anyone know of a good place to go to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I buy stuff at your store all the time!

Move out of Auburn! It's the armpit of Puget Sound and there are not any good jobs there. I have to drive all the way up to Seattle everyday for my job.

What are you interested in? Thought about college? Or at least a technical school? It's really helpful to get as much schooling as you can right now. It gets a whole lot harder to go to school with a family to watch out for. Green River Community College has got a bunch of good classes and they are relatively cheap.

If MacDonalds can pay you enough while you are going to school then stick with it. Otherwise, check out one of the zillions of warehouses around the area. Can you drive a forklift?

Good Luck!

11. reedmit

reedmit 1/2 ton status

Isn't anything besides McDonalds a better job? "kidding" You could join the Army National Guard. There is a lot of training you could get for you civilian job plus the college benefits and you get a drill check. I almost forgot most of the time you can get an enlistment bonus like $2500.00 bucks. If you like it enough there are active duty jobs you can apply for also.