Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for a car trailer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blaze, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Hey fellas. I am in the market for a good car trailer. I want something that I can tow a Trans Am on, but possibly other cars, so I'm looking for a 14'x7' trailer. Doesn't matter if it a flatbed or not, I can make it into one if it isn't. I want a tandem axle, electric brakes would be nice. Must be in the NC area and in decent shape. Please let me know if you see anything, I'm starting to get desperate. Thanks!

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

What's your price limit? Most carhaulers are 18' and utility trailers are around 16'. You're not going to save any money with a 14' trailer and your possibilities will be a lot less as to what you can haul. Weight difference is pretty negligible. Around here, 16' utility trailers often go for $600 to $900, depending on condition. Good luck to you!

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for one right around $700. I just said 14' because I thought that was the standard size. I'd really like a 16'. I just need something to haul Trans Ams around on.