Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for a CD changer

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jarheadk5, Apr 5, 2001.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a CD changer that can be installed in my wife's 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse. It has the factory Premium Sound with the Infinity amp & speakers, and changer controls on the factory head unit. I want to use the head unit's controls rather than a separate controller. DBLAZER and some others helped me as best they could a while back, but since we've got so many more members since then I figured I'd ask again. This would make my wife EXTREMELY happy, so any help you can give would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Go to a newstand and buy the latest copy of Car Audio and Electronics. This month is the buyers guide edition and its huge. Its got a big section on accesories in the back which might help you find an adapter for your stock deck/aftermarket changer problem.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Cool, thanks for the tip.

For you car audio pros who have removed factory systems, what happens to the old stuff you pull?

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Hold onto the old stuff. That way when you sell the car you can put it back in and return it to "factory" condition. Most of the cars/trucks that I have owned were so old that the factory stuff was long gone. I still do have the 8 track player out of my first car though. lol
    You might also want to try <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.crutchfield.com>http://www.crutchfield.com</A> for that adapter.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad