Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for a custom graphic...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shane74, Dec 9, 2003.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I was talking with a buddy of mine and we were reminiscing about the days when we came across a handful of black widow spiders (that had made my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif their home) while installing my suspension lift. Ever since that day, he has nicknamed my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif "The Black Widow". When we found them (crawling on us! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif) we ran and shrieked like little school girls! Anyway, I came up with a custom graphic idea and I need someone that can tell me how much it would cost to have made. I want it big enough to take up most of my back window. What I have in mind is a Black Widow Spider (belly shot but still ooking at you) with a Blue bowtie on it's belly placed on a background of blue flames. And maybe...down in the flames could be some ferd and dudge symbols all tied up in a web waiting to be eaten...

Anyway, I was bored and figured what the heck..I'll see if anyone on here can make, or knows someone that could make it. Watcha think?

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

sounds awesome and creative, i'd like to see it done

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

first the chrome oil pan, then the shiny aluminum rims and now custom graphics... i think i smell BLING!!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jus' playin', good idea. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

It's Bling-a-licious BABY! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Naw..I'm just sick and tired of seeing all the "original" stickers that EVERYONE has..gorsh! they're sooooo kewl /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I figured if I was going to put a sticker on, it had better be truly ORIGINAL. I have yet to see one like that, so I thought I'd see if it could be made. It's either that or the little green fuzzy guy flippin' you off. I know it's not original, but I still think he's funny! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Kinda reminds me of the little Fry Guys back in the early Mc D's days. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Oh yeah...the ONLY reason the oil pan is chrome is 'cause it was CHEAP! Wait till I get the chrome timing chain cover on too! Then it'll match with the cheap valve covers and oil pan /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Bling bling babay!

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Try Jeff427...........bet he could hook ya up. Rumor is there's been a sighting of him recently. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    first the chrome oil pan, then the shiny aluminum rims and now custom graphics... i think i smell BLING!!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jus' playin', good idea. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ] Dude, lay off the "anything nice" is stupid trip, already! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. rjfguitar

[​IMG]
    Your looking for some custom artwork! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    This would be my department, If you can somehow get a good drawing of what you wan't...the guys that did my window can make the custom film for you and mail it to you. These guys are awesome because there is 2 brothers that own the place and both own badass K5's, still waiting to get the pick of our 3 K5's lined up in front of the store. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I got all my windows done for $280 and I think the back window was half that. PM me if your still interested. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif These guys are awesome at custom artwork, they just did a picture of a first gen pickup out of colored window film! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I know a guy, just come up with the exact pic you want and I'll see what he wants to do it, He did the chevyfumes I had on my windshield for BB02 and he did the Xploder sticker for Carl.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

my dad make stickers you just need to come up with an image and see how much he wants /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Dude, lay off the "anything nice" is stupid trip, already! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

damn it man, note the part where I said "just playin', good idea!". /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif shane is a buddy, when i'm at his pad and see his rig i always make a silly comment about the chrome, we both laugh. dont think he's losin sleep over it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

at any rate, the best stickers/graphics would definitely be the custom really original kind. kinda cheesy when everyone has the same one (ck5/ord stickers might be the lone exceptions!). I almost got a calvin-peeing-on-france sticker once, but then I came to my senses. france still sucks though. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

12. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Dude, lay off the "anything nice" is stupid trip, already! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

damn it man, note the part where I said "just playin', good idea!". /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif shane is a buddy, when i'm at his pad and see his rig i always make a silly comment about the chrome, we both laugh. dont think he's losin sleep over it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sorry, your right.

His idea for his back window would be totally custom and original! That would be awesome. Maybe I started something with doing my rear window. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

That's cool! I am still on the search for the right graphic to chop and hack. Maybe I'll send it to you when I find it. I'm not all that good at chopping. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I have a pretty good idea of exactly what I am looking for. Cool pic /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

As soon as I get the graphic, I'll get with you. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    dont think he's losin sleep over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yawn...huh?? Somebody say something?? I just woke up... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    As soon as I get the graphic, I'll get with you. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Cool, I talked to the guys that did mine today and told them about your idea and said no porb., just get us a basic pic of what you wan't! It will probably be around 150 to 200 bucks precut,shipped, and ready to be applied. Do you know how to apply window film?

17. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you know how to apply window film?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. It's not that hard, jsut takes a little patience. BTW, is will this apply to the inside or outside of the window? The reason I ask is that I have limo tint on my back and side windows. If it applies to the inside, then you wouldn't be able to see it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Do you know how to apply window film?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. It's not that hard, jsut takes a little patience. BTW, is will this apply to the inside or outside of the window? The reason I ask is that I have limo tint on my back and side windows. If it applies to the inside, then you wouldn't be able to see it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I have never seen film on that outside. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Yeah it's on the inside, I would just peel it off because the background on the new film under the artwork will be 5% anyway(limo). I will ask because you might be able to leave it on the bottom or I think you could reapply it behind the new artwork and get your kick ass widow and flames with the rest of the window blacked out. In my opinion 5% isn't all that dark as people think it is, you can still see through it pretty easily if you stand next to the window. Some people go double 5%. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Well lay me a PM if you wan't to do this along with some sort of pattern and I can get them started on it and shipped to you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    P.S. How do you like my window?

19. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well lay me a PM if you wan't to do this along with some sort of pattern and I can get them started on it and shipped to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Will do! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I am working onthe final design right now. I just need to find some more pics to chop. I have the spider done, now just need to find a killer flame pattern. Actually, I may just leave it with the spider. It lokks pretty cool on it's own! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    How do you like my window?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks Sa-WEET! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. rjfguitar

If it was me I would use the same flame pattern that I have with a spider instead of 2 chevy bowties.