Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LOOKING FOR A DIESEL K5 or Pickup!

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by muddybuddy, Aug 19, 2005.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

im considering buying a diesel K5 or pickup and selling my current 88 k5.
    i know my location is probably a deal buster, but i'll give it a shot. for the right truck, i would consider driving a good bit.

im looking for something is in really good condition, little to no rust.
    lifted or not, doesnt matter to me, i plan to lift it either way.

thanks,
    james

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I've got an 84 K5 w/ a 6.2. Has Western Plow. Motor was swapped out Feb-ish. Has about 100K on J model engine. Truck needs a paint as it is primered. Newer tires (80%+), newer rebuilt 208, newer dual batteries, newer alternator. Body is quite good for age. Almost no rust.

BAD: Located in Colorado Springs, CO

3. muddybuddy

damn that would be perfect, i want to do camo, so the paint doesnt matter. i dont need a plow tho. i wonder if there is a way to make this work...

do you got any pics?
    how much would u want for it (jus curious)

can anybody else help me out????
    i can pay cash!!!! :D :D :D :D

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have a very nice '79 Chevy K10 that has been converted to a K20 and a 6.2L diesel. Just got done putting in a 32 spline SM465 to replace the 10 spline version that was originally in it. New 285/75R16 tires on white mod rims. No rust, some dents though as it is a work/ranch truck. I am located in WA state but leaving today and going to be as close as Central, IL with it in a few days. I'd need to get $4000 for it to consider selling it, but I have a few other options for a 1 ton crewcab that I am interested in pursueing.

[​IMG]

I do have a perfect grill that needs to be put on it still.

Here is an older pic:

[​IMG]

5. NYDIESELDAVE

NYDIESELDAVE 1/2 ton status

Try these guy.

http://www.galleria-e.com/cgi-bin/Colemans.storefront/en/product/217401

Talk to Tom @ Coleman's Surplus. I have personally been to there warehouse and they have some good stuff. I bought a Blazer tub and frame from them once. Plus you can get tons of other things. I don't know if these are in the price range you are looking for, but there usually in great shape with low mileage. They are located in PA. You could also try buying military surplus direct from http://web.govliquidation.com/index.html (I think that's the web address).

6. Michk5

Michk5 1/2 ton status

Misawa Japan until December...moving to Wichita Ka
    This is in your neck of the woods...get registered so you can bid when it opens up. It looks to be in real nice shape and it will have the standard M1008 gear..6.2/TH400/NP208, dana 60/14 Bolt FF with a detroit in the 14 bolt and 4:56's. It's coded H7 so you really don't know what's wrong with it but if you get it cheap enough it doesn't really matter.

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=664620&convertTo=USD

Matt

7. muddybuddy

kenny, i would be interested, the only thing tho is that i think i want something with a 700r4 because i have some 5.13s and a detroit that i want to use. it also gets a lot of city traffic driving so the clutch would be a pita.

thanks guys. also if anybody knows of anyone sellin one let me know :D

8. owlbear

owlbear Registered Member

hey i've got a 85 cucv blazer,bone stock military,6.2,400,208 not sure about axles and gearing,but pretty sure they are original..31x10.50 military wranglers,60some thousand miles..because i'm up in michigan it's got a little rust definitly fixable.i'm trying to get 3000-2500 for her...this is a beautiful DD with some off road capabilities..i could meet halfway maybe in cleveland or something..i just joined ck5 and haven't posted this in vec. for sale yet.. _________________________________ 91c/k5 blazer 2wd for now 85cucv blazer stock mil. 93 dodge 3/4ton p/u cummins powered..wee haaa 96 3/4ton suburban 7.4L 4x4 (country cadillac)

9. 86Cucvbeater

86Cucvbeater 1/2 ton status

Ill throw this out there ive got an 86 M1008 all stock drivetrain except i added a fixed 205 transfer case, locked front 60, 6 in. suspension lift, ord flip, camo of course. Yes it still has the 6.2 runs great. Has 40in. tires on it now. Bad: no exhaust, i cut it because i was going to run it up through the bed. Just got it inspected 4 weeks ago. :) Dont really want to sell but Id take $4800, lmk.

10. muddybuddy

86 cucv, whats the bumper height of that beast? what gears? can u post some pics up? thats a lil more than i wanna spend :doah:

11. 86Cucvbeater

6.2/th400/np205/dana 60-14 bolt both locked/4.56 gears/x-over steering.. pic is on my profile. theres really no rust except in the bed theres some surface rust.. dents here and there..fenders are cut. i cant put pics on here send me your email and i'll send u some. if you bought it i would include my brand new 15000 lb milemarker hydraulic winch with it and a new set of warn locking hubs for it(i blew the r/f superwinch hub on it last week)..great truck, drives good on the highway, good in mud, climbs pretty much anything, good for stump pullin' :D Big sticker on the back says "Hummer Recovery Vehicle" :p:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  12. muddybuddy

13. 86Cucvbeater

heres 2 pics of my truck. both are from about 6 months ago, ive changed a few things since then.

6sus40GumboFt.BraggMar27_2005_2_edited.JPG

6sus40GumboFt.BraggMar27_2005_800x600_SwapColor.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2005
  14. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

muddybuddy, if getting the truck becomes too much of an issue, I can get it the next time I drive home (I'm from Centreville). :D Now that I have a tow rig, I'm dying to use it!

86CUCV, if he don't buy it, keep me in mind.

15. muddybuddy

94GMC, what do you mean? do you want to buy my k5? i need to sell that thing b4 i buy another one. :D i can throw in some extra stuff if you do!

or are you saying you could go get 86cucv's truck and deliever it to me? :D

either answer work for me, both are even better! :haha:

i am really interested in his truck, its got everything i want and more, jus gatta sell mine first, parents insist :mad:

16. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I'm saying I might be able to bring it to you whenever I come visit the folks (in Centreville). Sorry, but not interested in a K5 - I was telling 86CUCV that I'd be interested in his rig. Get your junk sold, and let me know if you need help.

17. denis.indest

denis.indest Newbie

1983 Blazer For Sale

I have a 1983 K-5 In Good condition.
    I live in Hammond Louisiana and I am asking 3500.00
    The truck has power windowes and locks.
    The engine is a 6.2L
    Please call me for more information
    Home (985)345-1741
    Cell (985)969-8599

The only reason I am getting rid of the blazer is because I just bought another vehicle and keeping up two vehicels is too much for me right now.

Thanks,
    Denis Indest