Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for a good camcorder, GOT ONE!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, Apr 28, 2005.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I like name brands like canon, sony, samsung and JVC.
    I look at them and they all have similar functions, different body styles so tell me your opinions and experiences :ears:

Looking at some at sears (I have a discount card thing to use).
    It definatly needs to be Hi8/MiniDV with firewire/USB2 port to put video on my computer (main reason for it). My regular digital still camera takes video but they are quicktime, I want to get a good video camera because in a few months I'm getting a EOS Digital Rebel XT

Chances are I'll pickup some freelance jobs using the digital camera and probley end up doing some low budget wedding pics and possibley video also for output to dvd's. I also know bands that want videos and pics for websites which I'm also doing some of.

Video Carmera
    -night mode would be nice but as long as its good in low light situation I'll probley never use green mode...
    -decent zoom
    -good size LCD
    -good battery life
    -perfer glass lenses
    -1394/firewire
    -user friendly controls
    -good sound quality
    -needs to be computer friendly (IE transfers onto the computer in high quality)
    -doesn't need still pictures but if it does on a seperate flash card
    -price under $400, 299 would be good :grin:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

My wife and I bought this JVC just after Christmas. We have used it a few times since then to shoot footage of my sister's wedding and various family gatherings etc.

This is our first camcorder so I can't really compare it to a different model, but I am happy with the quality of the video it takes. The battery lasts for 1-2 hours depending on how much you use the LCD (which is all the time for us). IIRC, I paid about $320 on sale at Best Buy but then you need to purchase MiniDV tapes and case etc.

[​IMG]

Good luck in your search! :D

3. jjlaughner

My new miniDV
    PV-GS120
    3CCD Ultra-Compact™ Digital Palmcorder® MultiCam™ Camcorder with Leica Dicomar Lens
    [​IMG]

Get true, crisp color images with the World's Smallest 3CCD Camcorder1
    The PV-GS120, with its 3CCD Camera System, reproduces color in great fidelity by using a separate CCD for reds, greens and blues. It's the same 3CCD technology used in Panasonic professional broadcast equipment, resulting in 540 lines of breathtaking resolution. You can count on Panasonic 3CCD Digital Camcorders to give you colors that are as rich and vibrant as your life.

[​IMG]

Quality Pictures Start with a Quality Leica Dicamor Lens
    World-renowned lens-maker LEICA has developed an exquisite, 12-element, multi-coated lens that helps add a high-level of detail and subtlety to your creations. With refinements like a 2-stage neutral density filter for aperture independent adjustment, you'll appreciate the remarkably crisp, true-to-life color that is a hallmark of Leica Dicomar optics.2

Capture Still Pictures With Superb Quality
    The PV-GS120 captures still images with incredible detail at up to 1.2-megapixels. The Quad-Density Pixel Distribution Technology used in this model makes it possible to capture still pictures with superb megapixel quality. The tiny 2.5-micron intervals between pixels are shifted by one-half pitch both vertically and horizontally, which distributes them on the CCD with four times the density of previous systems.3

Digital Electronics Image Stabilizer (D-EIS) Helps Eliminate Blurred Images
    Digital EIS compensates for unintentional hand and camcorder movement to help stabilize your recordings, even while you're recording as a passenger from a moving vehicle or while walking. With Digital EIS, you will not have to worry about shaky soccer games or family outings.

10x Optical Zoom
    10x Optical Zoom

Get up close with 10x Optical Zoom and 700x Digital Zoom Produce
    An optical zoom this powerful works like a telescope to produce close-up shots with extraordinary clarity. And with the different zoom speeds, you can control how quick you go from a wide angle to telephoto zoom - anywhere from 2 to 22 seconds. Through the use of digital technology, the zoom ratio on the PV-GS120 can be increased digitally, producing an incredibly close shot. You won't miss a single detail!4

$699! Got out the door with it for $425! 1 year interest free :cool:

4. WrenchGirl

WrenchGirl Registered Member

be afraid. be very very afraid. for
    some reason i have a feeling ya'll are going
    to see more of our apartment and our lives
    that you ever wanted to! :p:

5. jjlaughner