Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for a good weather station online....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, Jun 18, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I watch the weather channel on TV so I usually hit theweatherchannel.com or weather.com but there are SO MANY ads /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Pop-ups and and floating layers, things over the top of the page /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I dont want a program that sits on the desktop, I usually just set the weather page as my home page on the browser.
    I'd like to find a place that does the motion maps or even live motion maps! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

So what do you guys use?
    Local TV station? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    I want to cut down the number of ads I see /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

If you use Firefox, you won't get any popups. I use www.weather.com and have no annoyances whatsoever while using Firefox... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. cycologic

cycologic Registered Member

Try www.wunderground.com

It does not have that many pop-ups and there is good detailed information, historical data and excellent radar imaging. Having said that, they'll probably load up crap ads.

Hopefully this one will fit the bill.

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

yea, wundergound is good, there are a few popups, but not enough to piss you off.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If you have an always-on connection, check out Weather Bug . You can set it to let you know when there is a weather alert in your area. It's pretty cool, but it does show ads unless you pony up for their $19.95 per year service.