Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for a measurement......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jimmyjack, May 1, 2004.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

The front spring rear shackle is all wobbled out, about a 1/2" on top and bottom holes. I'm gonna make some up out of some flat steel I have laying around. Anyway, does anyone know the center to center length. Is it real exact, or can I fudge a little bit?

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I think it is 4 3/4" or 5" but you can extend that if you want. I have 1/2" over stock. Gives 1/4" lift. I know people that run 1" over stock too. It can mess with your pinion angle if you extend it too much.

Harley

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! I haven't removed mine yet, but I can see the spaces in the shackles. I'm gonna keep it stock, the front and back are damn near equal in height. On a side note, the guys from WheelingArizona are gonna head to Florence next weekend.(if your still in town)

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am living in Phoenix again so I will be here. I am going to Table Mesa for a test run tomorrow. I might be up for next weekend. We will see. I will go check it out and see what they are going to run.

Also when you make new shackles use 3/8" plate and if you can upgrade to 1/2" bolts. You will need new budhing and sleeves but it is worth it. 7/16's snap easy. AZK5 snapped 2 in one trip.

Harley

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

stock are 4" and the ORD are 4.5" if you lifted it alittle i would go with the 4.5" or at least 4.25". keeps the spring from hitting the frame /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif