Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for a mini video recorder

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Oct 26, 2006.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I just got a little video camera (This one) for the bike, as a helmet cam.
    So now I need a recording solution. The camera was under $30, so I was hoping to find some kind of video recording device around the same price. I have an old analog camcorder, but I don't know if it has a video input, and it's big... I'm hoping to find something ipod-sized, since my saddlebags are already overflowing.

This would be cool:
    Recorder...
    But that's way out of price range... Even a cheesy digital still camera that records video wouldbe more affordable...

Right now I'm planning to mount the cam and battery to the helmet, the receiver in the saddlebag with 12 volt power, and a recorder of some sort in the saddlebag, too.

The purpose in this is sort of odd, I'm sure. I want to record riding so I can analyze how I ride when I'm not focused on riding, and I want a handy camera for the truck for wheeling and exploring (throw the saddlebag in the truck with the receiver/recorder rig).
    I also get cut off regularly and see so much crazy crap on the road, I want recorded "evidence" of it. If I crash or someone in-view crashes, I'll have a record of it. There have been times I've been in tight situations where adrenaline and/or muscle memory takes over and I can't completely remember what happened, except that I was yelling explitives...

So any recommendations for a compact recorder?

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Boy, this thread was a dud!

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I can't help ya much, but it sounds like a good idea. I've thought before it would be cool if someone made an affordable on-dash recorder for cars (similar to police cameras) with about a half an hour of video storage that continuously overwrites itself in a loop. This way you would always have the last half hour of your driving on tape (or digital storage?) for if you need to prove someone else's guilt in an accident.