Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking for a motor and specs.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by generalleeloaded, Jan 14, 2003.

1. generalleeloaded

generalleeloaded Registered Member

Oct 8, 2002
    Looking to build a motor for my 74' Blazer.
    Does anyone know of a good place to purchace a rebuilt lower end of a 350 in the Portland, OR. area? Looking for a block with only the crank, pistons, rods and bearings assembled. Oh and cheap too.
    Second i was wondering if anyone had specs/prints on the stock cylinder heads. I want to machine the heads and recondition them myself, valve guides, seats, ports,ect. Or even one step further, a program (with tooling desc.) for a CNC mill to machine new oversized valve seats and porting.
    Finally anyone know how much material can be removed in the ports before major problems arise.
    Yeah I know this is a lot. Is there any book or reference other than experience that could help me out here.

Any help is helpful
  2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW

Jun 9, 2002
    Well, for a cheap deal on a short block look at schucks. I think they are around $600-800. With a fair warranty.
  3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Feb 24, 2000
    Welcome to CK5, I live right across the river in california, err uhh I mean Vancouver, all of us local guy's try to get together now and then and drink beers or go wheelin'(not me though my trucks not big enough to play with these guy's yet)BTW 74 is the best year /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif....Ask me how I know..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif