Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for a new bed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JimmyJuneau, Dec 1, 2004.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

I have an 04 Chevy Silverado that a taxi driver decided to hit. I got a quote form a body shop and they want close to 5 grand to fix. So I thougth I migth be able to find a whole new bed. But havent had much lukc I alwasy call a company a day late or they wont ship to me. Im in Alaska so the bed would need to be shipped to Seattle then put on a barge. So if you know of anywhere I can get a New take off bed let me know. It's a shortbed and if at all possible a white one wold work great.

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I see them in the paper every now and then and they go for about $1000-$2000 for a complete bed.

3. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

How bad is it?

GM sells entire bedsides and you could order it from the dealership for pretty cheap (compared to the body shop).

4. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Its bad i know ones side of the bed needs to be replaced along with the bumper and taillights. Oh I forgot to mention that a couple of weeks ago my boss was backing his boat trailer up next to my truck and took out the other side of the bed. I just figured getting a whole new bed would be cheaper then I could save some of the insurance money for other mods for my truck.

5. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

any local fleets that pull the bed and replace them with utility beds?