Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

looking for a propshaft

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by TYPHOON#0040, Sep 12, 2001.

1. TYPHOON#0040

TYPHOON#0040 Newbie

I have a true '92 typhoon and the front propshaft is not there i have had the typhoon for 2 months and i am steadily looking trying to find the best price and been talking to alot of owners for ideas. well here are my specs:

1992 GMC TYPHOON
    AUTOMATIC 700R4 W/ 2100 STALL TORQUE CONVERTER
    4 SPEED
    TRANSFERE CASE (Borg Warner BW-4472)
    4.3 LITER 90 DEGREE V6 W/ INTERCOOLED Mitsubishi TDO-6 TURBO
    AS FAR AS SERIES GOES I HOPE THIS HELPS (The original shaft consists of a 1.250 x .120 wall tube with a GKN style constant velocity joint on the axle end, and a NEAPCO 1210 series double cardan constant velocity joint at the transfer case.All the shafts were assembled and welded with the tube runouts at less than .024 inch, and high speed balanced at 3500 rpm. To .12 oz-in unbalanced or less)
    WHEEL BASE (100.5)
    I NEED A FRONT PROPSHAFT

http://www.dynotechengineering.com/
    THE ABOVE WEB SITE ARE THE MAKERS OF THE ORIGINAL DRIVE SHAFT BUT I HEAR THAT THEY DONOT WITHSTAND MUCH MORE THAN STOCK POWER AND WELL I AM NOT ENTIRELY STOCK. HERE IS THEIR PHONE NUMBER (810) 362-2777

BUT I WANT A CUSTOM ONE. I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY SEVERAL SYTY OWNERS THAT YOU CAN USE A LARGER THAN NORMAL U-JOINT AND IT HAS THE SAME EFFECT AS A CV JOINT SINCE I DONOT GO OFF ROAD THAT THE CV JOINTS WERE NOT NEEDED. AND THAT THIS COULD SAVE ON THE PRICE.
    I REALLY NEED SOMETHING TO BE AROUND $250.00 + shipping i can always upgrade but for now it needs to withstand 500 horespower & 400 torque.

HERE IS A WEB SITE WERE THEY SELL A SYTY DRIVESHAFT BUT IT'S STILL TOO EXPENSIVE RIGHT NOW BUT THEY ARE DOING WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT USING U-JOINTS INSTEAD. http://hellafast0.tripod.com/HDPS/PropShaft0.html

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME FOR READING ALL THIS
    MARC MANGAN
    MARCMANGAN@YAHOO.COM
    1992 TYPHOON #0040