Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for a really good SQ system

Discussion in 'Audio' started by unick, Feb 28, 2004.

1. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Ok Im looking to put together a good sounding system. By good sounding I mean I dont want all base. So far what I have planned is 1 JL audio 12W3 and a JL Audio 250/1 amp to run it, I am thinking 2 JL 6W0's for midbase which I could run off of the Rockford Fosgate amp that I have that is not in use. So Im looking for info about which speakers I should use. Im looking to put 2 sets of 6X9's in and maybe a set of component speakers. Right now I have 1 set of Alpine 6X9's which I am pretty happy with. Any suggestions???

lmk
    Nick

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

o yea i listen to country and thats about it

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

For SQ, I really like Components [ QUOTE ]
    Component speakers give you improved stereo imaging and sound that's noticeably more detailed and dynamic than traditional car speaker systems.

[/ QUOTE ] First choice

4. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

I agree with Z3PR. Infinity is my favorite, their Kappa Perfect series is well.. perfect. Even their low end stuff is great

5. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

yea but at $400 a set only REALLy rich ppl or pl without blazers can afford them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    yea but at $400 a set only REALLy rich ppl or pl without blazers can afford them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Well, consittering [ QUOTE ]
    o yea i listen to country and thats about it

[/ QUOTE ] I guess the factory speaker in the center of the dash would be more then enough. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Just kidding. Ebay can be a good place to look for component speakers. Alot of times you can get great deals on "New in box" speakers. I know the Infinity component speakers can be spendy, but there are other brand names out there too. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

What I was thinking about 2 sets of 6X9 3 ways and 1 set of componants. Then a 12" sub and maybe 2 6" subs for midbass. WHat do yall think about that?

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, let me ask you this, how often do you have anyone in the backseat ??? Personally I'd look into some Q forms get some component speakers, and forget the 6X9's.

9. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

rarely have ppl in the back

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    rarely have ppl in the back

[/ QUOTE ] So really no need for speakers back there then. Just the ones up front, and a sub in the back. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif If you haven't bought a sub yet, I sudjest a 12" Kicker L7 (Square sub) I have one in the trunk of my daily driver and am very impressed with it. It's no bass monster, wouldn't win a DB drag, but sounds very good even at lower volume level. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

im ppartial to JL so I got a 12W3 for 88 bucks off of ebay

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Kewl, didn't know you already had the sub.

13. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

nice avatar. Yea i really like JL. I might get some of their 6w0's for midbass. I also have a 250/1 JL amp and a 200.2 Rockford amp.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    nice avatar. Yea i really like JL. I might get some of their 6w0's for midbass. I also have a 250/1 JL amp and a 200.2 Rockford amp.

[/ QUOTE ] That'll work. But don't know if you'd need the 6w0's, but then again, I'm no expert.

15. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i got my kappa components on ebay. 140 to my door for 6.5 non perfect kappas. i think the perfects were about 200, and 10 or 20 less for the 5.25. i personally think the perfect is overkill for the average guy. my kappas sound awesome. im using 6x9 kappas in boxes mounted on the rear wheelwells facing foward for some midbass and filler.