Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for a slip yoke elim. kit for 208

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Corey-88K5, Apr 25, 2000.

1. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I've been looking for a slip yoke elim. kit for the 208. Advance adapters doesn't even make one. What the helk is going on here?!?!?!

Why can't these idiots get their poo poo together.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

2. walrus101

walrus101 Registered Member

sorry i can't help you, but if you find a place please post.

walrus101

goo goo gaju

3. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Corey
    Check with Tom Woods at www.4xshafts.com. He sells both JB Conversions and Currie Enterprises slip yoke eliminator kits. Or you can contact the manufacturers directly. They have it for the NP241 so I would guess they would have one for the NP208.

Good Luck
    Brian
    Still in search of the TBI KING!!

P.S. The JB Conversion's 241 kit direct from JB is $340.

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I don't know of anyone who makes a kit for the 208. Maybe you could find a 241 for a reasonable price and then convert it to fixed yoke.
    I think the only reason they have a kit for the 241 is that is basically uses the same parts as the kit for the 231 so there wasn't much R&D required to market the kit, and there probably isn't much of a market for a 208 kit since they are mostly found in fullsize trucks which don't run into the driveshaft angle problems as much as Jeeps and there are not as many people building them up for the trail.

5. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Corey if you want the fixed yoke to keep fluid in your case when the driveshaft breaks then just carry a plug with you. I made one for my Suburban with the NP208. Noone makes a fixed yoke kit for the NP208. If you want a fixed yoke for driveshaft angle then you're better off swapping in a NP241, NP205 or Atlas. You could have a machine shop make up the parts using the slipyoke and welding a retaining collar on the back. You would also need a roller bearing for support.
    CB

6. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

I thought I read some where that Dodge's use (used) fixed yoke 208s. If so, it would be fairly easy to find a complete Dodge 208 case and swap in the output shaft and housing from the Dodge 208 to your Chevs. LEt us know if this works.

ken