Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for a system for my K5

Discussion in 'Audio' started by SF87K5, Sep 16, 2004.

1. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

I am looking on e-bay for a complete system. You now sterio/AMP/front and rear speakers ect. I found one and I was woundering if the sterio gurus will look at it. Also tell me if this is the type of system I am looking for. My K5 is a multi-purpose rig, it is my DD and are camping and trail/rock rig. The wife like to drive in it and also drive it, and she likes her bass. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Thanks for all the help in advance.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I would big on them sepreatly instead of a complete system. Find a headunit you like with the features you want and bid on it. Then bid on amps, then bid on speakers, then bid on subs. Doesn't have too be in that order. Very rarely can you get a complete system with everything you want.

3. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh here is the link sorry I for got it.

Sterio system linky

[/ QUOTE ] Pyramid. Not a high quality name brand. If you're just looking for sounds, it'd work, but I don't know how long it would last. In all honesty, I'd invest in a quality headunit and a pair of quality speaker for now, then later on add a good amp and quality subs. But that's just me.

5. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

yeah...i didn't even go to your link, saw pyramid /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

Go with quality, you'll be much happier.

6. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

I used that as an example of what would make a good system for my truck. You also need to realize that this is a DD/trail rig. I run with out doors and top during the summer time. So I dont want a name brand system so that way if it gets stolen or gets dust or water in it I wont be as mad about it cuz its not a name brand.

7. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

get a quality detachable face, or removable head unit. Trust me, you'll be better off. If you have an alarm, it'll help deter theft too. My roomie has a Jeep, and he has a detachable face and hasn't had a problem (runs w/o top or doors) and we live in a (beginning to be) bad neighborhood.

8. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

What do you need a system for in a big truck Danny? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif What I did was purchase my system components separately off e-bay. I bought a sony headunit with detachible faceplate, alpine speakers, 2 alpine 12's, and a soundstream amp. Sounds very good in my opinion.
    -Harrison

9. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Harrison thanks for the tip about the components, did you get them new or used?

10. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

All brand new. I highly recommend soundstream amps. I have the Tarantula 700/2 powering my subs, and the amp is only turned 1/4 of the way up. Any more and it sounds like it will blow my alpine type r's. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif But the alpines with that amp produce awesome sound quality.
    -Harrison