Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Looking for an Assembly Manual

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 00silverstreak, Dec 17, 2003.

1. 00silverstreak

00silverstreak Registered Member

Is there anywhere to purchase a GM assembly manual for my 83 blazer? one that would show damn neart every component possible.
    S

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Service Manuals can be purchased from Helms or you can find them on Ebay. They cover every component on the truck except wiring diagrams. (typically)

Parts manuals can only be purchased used from what I know, these are what show a picture of most every part with the part number, for all parts used on the truck.

3. 00silverstreak

the service manual from helms, will it be more in depth than the haynes and chilton that i currently have?
    S

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Haynes and chilton steal most of the info out of the truck manual I think. If they don't, they wasted a lot of time.

Factory service manual will cover EVERYTHING for that year vehicle. For example, each transmission available that year will have the rebuild section on it. The axles. The transfercase(s). Steering column. Engines. Starters. And so on. The only exception as I mentioned is usually the wiring diagrams. (I think body may be seperate too, but never seen a body manual for a truck)

5. 00silverstreak

haha, i just went by helms and they have the shop factory service manual for 60 bucks. body and wireing diags are included. but, heres the kicker. it says
    "This item is being inventoried and is temporarily unavailable"
    just my luck, something to buy and they wont let me.
    thanks for the help bro.
    S

6. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

Try www.factoryautomanuals.com
    I recently purchased a full wiring diagram book for 86 c,k,p trucks.something like that and also found a GM service manual for a 77 K10
    Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Over the years my collection has grown form 1973 to 1999 C/K/R/V...wiring and all....did it all on ebay the cheapo way...

DW